Chapter X

Chapter X
°•. 🐎 .•°
Sam's Sacrifice

Unknown PoV
(A little something special for the tenth chapter)

"Sam, Sam somethings wrong," I said, my voice quaking.

"Eve, Eve what is it?" Sarah asked.

"I don't know it was like, someone just squeezed my heart, yanking it to my stomach then threw it around a bit," I said.

"Do you want me to wake up Anthony?" Sam asked.

"Uhm, yes," I said, unsure.

"Eve, do you think it has anything to do with, him?" Sarah asked.

"It's not possible. Jasper Whitlock died over a hundred years ago," I growled.

Jasper's PoV

I sat down, my thumbs twirling and twisting together as Bella walked into the house, laughing with Alice.

Her scent flooded me and I closed my eyes, trying to hold back the distaste at my own thoughts.

"Jasper!" Bella seemed to say, happily. How could she be happy to see me, a monster who almost hurt her and be happy. "Alice was just retelling me all of the story parts I missed, and, well, eek!" She squealed.

"Eek?" I said in confusion under my breath.

"Can your hair really go into a ponytail?" Bella squeaked.

"Oh my god Alice I can't believe we didn't try this," Rosalie squealed.

"Jasper sit down in front of the couch now!" Alice exclaimed. I sighed and sat down. I felt and heard Rosalie, Alice and Bella climbing around on the couch behind me.

"Youch!" I yelled as they yanked my hair.

"Oh shut up and tell a story Jasper," Alice said. I coughed as Edward and Emmett were snorting out laughs as they watched.

》》♡《《

"Gods, I wish Sam could be here," Evangeline sighed. Josie was sleeping against my chest and Evangeline was on my other side leaning against me. We lay in the beautifully flower filled meadow behind my tent, where no one would bother us, and we could make a lot of noise without people thinking I was insane.

"I know, me too, but the only way he could come would be if, well, you know what," I sighed.

"If he pretended to be a slave," Evangeline sighed. I nodded suddenly a scream hit the air and a whip cracked. Josie woke up with a start and I shoved her off of me.

"I best check that out, you two stay here," I said. I ran from the meadow and into the camp, guiding myself towards the whipping post. When I got there I saw a young slave man, his clothes tattered, with his back to me.

"Major Whitlock, we found one of your slaves sneaking around camp, at least he claims he's yours," Bill said. I looked up and recognized it as Sam.

"Sam," I released as a strangled yell. I ran over and snatched the whip from a laughing Terry. "You do not touch him," I said threateningly. "Sam, Sam you alright," I asked in a whisper voice. "He is my hardest working slave and I can't have him injured," I announced.

"Sorry sir!" Terry apologized, his voice full of fear.

"Can you release me now," Sam said. I sent him eyes. "Master," he choked out. I released him from the post and he stumbled into me.

"Come on Sam, I have some, work for you to do," I said hesitantly.

"Yes Master," Sam said through clenched teeth. I helped him limp to the meadow and when we got there he socked me in the mouth before kissing my cheek. "You amazing son of a bitch," he spat. I wiped the blood away from my lip and hugged him tightly.

"You fool," I said loudly.

"Sam!" Evangeline said, her voice full of worry.

"You god damn idiot you scared me!" I shoved Sam back. Sam stuck his tongue out and Josie woke up and saw him.

"Jazzy, Jazzy who's this?" She asked.

"Is this Joe?" Sam asked.

"Yes, that is Josephine Whitlock," I smiled. Sam ran up and engulfed her in a hug. Josephine looked terrified and I laughed.

"I just got whipped for you tiny so you best be happy," Sam pouted.

"I don't know who you are," Josephine said cheekily.

"My names Sam, I'm Jasper's, well, I dunno really?" Sam said.

"He's my brother Josie, treat him like our brother," I said for him. Sam looked up at me, a smile alight his face.

"Okay, welcome to the family Sam," Josie smiled. Sam stood up away from Evangeline and looked at me. At first I was worried he's was going to punch me when he grabbed me and grappled me into a hug.

》》♡《《

"Ow!" I yelled. Alice giggled and they all climbed out from behind me and started taking pictures. I groaned and hid my face in my hands.

"Come on smile!" Rosalie squealed. I looked up and just glared at her a minute.

"What did it look like when Evangeline did it, draw us a picture!" Bella begged. I groaned and grabbed a sketchbook from where I hid it under the table. Everyone seemed confused until they saw the many pictures of Evangeline, Sam and Josie that lay in the pages. I started sketching out a picture, cringing as my monstrous face filled the page instead of Evangeline's beauty, Josephine's cuteness or Sam's bravery.

"Fine! Here," I said.

"You people happy now," I said, completely flustered

"You people happy now," I said, completely flustered. Alice suggested gasped and grabbed the picture, folding it neatly and turning to everyone. She looked at Edward and Edward squealed before grabbing Rosalie's arm and running away.

"What the f-" Emmett started.