Chapter XIX

Chapter XIX
°•. 🐎 .•°
A Beautiful Bride

"It's hiding in the dark, it's teeth are razer sharp, there's no escape for me it wants my soul it wants my heart,"

I gazed at myself in the mirror, hatred foaming behind my gaze and rage behind my eyes. A monster was staring back at me. The devil incarnate.

Those ugly golden eyes, rivers of blood, and that horrid pale tone to that monsters skin. The monster had fangs sharper than any knife.

I was a monster.

"Jasper," the voice was soft, and it was the voice I had been craving for so many years.

I gazed back at her through the mirror, and saw a frail girl in a white bath robe, peering through the door.

"Are you decent darling?" She asked. I gazed in the mirror momentarily at my feather pattern scars covering my chest, before shaking my head no.

She covered her eyes and spun playfully as I pulled on my white collared button up, before pulling up my plain black pants and making a sound to signal I was prepared.

She turned and smiled at me, her purple irises lighting up as she pranced over in her own jovial manner.

Love radiated off her like warmth from a heater in my own personal blizzard, my anchor keeping me alive.

I wrapped my arms gently around her waist and peppered kisses on her shoulders before pulling away and grabbing my tie.

"You look wonderful love," I said gently, my fingers attempting to loop and knot the death trap that was my tie.

"As do you, even though I am only in a bathrobe," Evangeline smiled.

I smiled back at her, trying to ignore my growing discomfort in my own skin, the thought of her seeing my scars sickening.

"Alice got me a dress," Evangeline commented.

"Then why aren't you wearing it darling," I asked gently.

"Because she said I had to play by the 'brides rules' and I couldn't see you if I put it on, so I couldn't do that yet," Evangeline smiled.

"You would be a lovely bride," I said absentmindedly.

"I'm still waiting for that ring," Evangeline noted.

It's still in my pocket, I couldn't help but think. The slim silver ring, engraved with always and forever, was lying deep in my pants pocket, and had been since I escaped the hell that was Maria.

But now wasn't the time, it would never be the right time to tell someone you hadn't seen in hundreds of years that you wanted to spend eternity together.

And there was a part of me that hadn't let go of the false desire that we could have a relationship, one like we could have had before the war, if only we had known each other then.

Then there was the broken part, the part that Maria had destroyed, the part where I felt like I could never love again, In case they were just like her, just using me, because, as Maria used to say, I was nothing but a monster with a pretty face.

"Jasper are you okay, I didn't mean to rush you," Evangeline said, wrapping her arms around me.

I fucked up then, as I shoved her away and pushed myself back into a wall, Maria the only thing my eyes saw.

°°°
Tw: mention of rape and minor smut

A Long Time Ago

"Jasper, you love me right, that means we should take this step," Maria whispered in my ear.

"Maria, can't I just court you," I said shakily. Her hand ran up my chest, before the other one wrapped around my neck, keeping me close.

"Jasper, Evangeline only didn't do this with you because she hated you," Maria whispered. I attempted to step back but found my back against the wall.

"I don't want to Maria, I love you but I just can't," I said, panting.

"You have to Jasper, it's the only way I'll love you, after all, your just a monster with a nice body, and I want all of it," Maria purred in my ear.

"Please no," I begged. Her hand slid into my private areas, a place I had been begging to remain pure.

"Do it Jasper," Maria said, her voice harsh.

And with that I froze, no restraint left as she did as she pleased with me before leaving my tent, me still standing there as the shell of the man I used to be.

°°°

I was sobbing harshly, my hands over my eyes as Evangeline rubber my back soothingly.

"Evangeline, c-can you get Rosalie," I begged.

"Of course," she said in her soft voice, the opposite of Maria's.

She left quickly, as I wiped my tears and uncurled myself from a ball. It took a few moments before Rosalie entered, shutting the door behind her.

"What's wrong Jasper," she asked softly.

"She raped me, Maria, I, I can't be with Evangeline," I said, my voice quaking. I glanced up at her, my eyes watery and lip quaking from between my teeth. "How did you do it, how did you ever make it work with Emmett, I can't make it work," I said, the tears returning.

"Oh Jasper," Rosalie said, emotion cracking her voice.

With that she wrapped me in her arms, with three hours left to the wedding, and ran her fingers through my hair as I cried. And I pondered how we could ever return to how it used to be.