Chapter XVII

XVII
°•. 🐎 .•°
Anthony's Confusion

"I need something just like this."

I looked at Seth with the most love my aching heart could muster. His gaze mirrored mine, and I thought of sharing a kiss with his chapped, beautiful lips.

But who was I to steal the affection of such a god, to snatch the loving tender of his heart from the deserving person.

Seth looked back at me, loving bright eyes, that gazed into my own, warming me in the cool night breeze.

"I didn't think-" Seth began, before choking up.

"That I would be so horrid," I finished, casting my eyes down in shame.

"That you could be so beautiful," Seth said, grabbing under my chin.

"But I'm not-, I dunno," I attempted.

"Your not a lot of things, you're not a woman, you're not a wolf, you're not a member of my pack, but I can feel it, I can feel that I love you," Seth said.

"I love you too," I said softly, my breath fanning and blowing away in the night air.

"Don't say it like that," Seth said sternly.

"Like what," I said gently, pushing my emotion into each word.

"Like your saying goodbye, we have forever," Seth said.

"I am saying goodbye, and we don't have forever, for everyone I love must perish," I said truthfully.

"Not me," Seth said, a promise.

"I know, but I still fear the loss I may endure, the pain," I admitted. Seth held my cheeks in gentle fingers before pressing out foreheads together, better than any kiss I could have ever imagined, his very touch sending butterflies ricocheting through my abdomen.

"You never have to loose me, I would never do that to you," Seth promised. And then I did something that required far more confidence than I had ever shown in my many years. I said a few simple words that led to the fire, the romance.

"Prove it."

And just like that it was an explosion of emotion and kisses. Lips folding together hands pushing past boundaries that were no longer present.

He was holding me, his arms massaging circles on my lower back, perfectly fitting in the divet of my hips as if made to be there.

My hands were in his hair, twisted deep in locks of the taller boy. It was soft and curling perfectly between my fingers as I pulled to twist his head down.

His tongue free roamed my mouth and rolled gently through my cheeks and over my teeth. Only stopping to battle for dominance as I pushed up into him, before quickly winning and returning to the earth shattering motion.

His hands moved down over my butt and thighs, before he gently traced his fingers up to my shoulder blades, leaving a trail of fire that tickled my very bones.

My hands knotted further into his hair and pulled him closer, him bending over me, fitting like a a puzzle as our shadows twisted together.

The butterflies were fighter jets, pounding every minor emotion into a mixture of loving harmony, all previous despair long lost.

Everything was bright and jovial, cheer in every touch and every brush of his long locks to my forehead.

His hands trailed down once more, scooping my lower back and bringing me further into him, deepening the kiss.

I imagined our entire love story then, young forever with Jasper and Evangeline, Sam being like a funky uncle.

Then it hit me.

Jasper, Evangeline, Sam...

Josephine.

Seth was gone in an instant, and I was alone, my cold dark souls no longer lit with such joy as I felt kissing him.

I was on the ground, curled in a ball with him, arms still outstretched as if he were holding me.

"Anthony!" He said in shock.

How could I, how could I disgrace her memory, would she really want me to move on, would she accept that I loved someone like, HIM, a man.

The tears leaked slowly from my eyes, how dare I, she would be ashamed, Jasper must hate me now, and I had just got him back, my brother, my major.

"Anthony, it's okay, we don't have to go that fast, I just thought-" Seth started.

His voice drained away, echoing in the sound of gunshots, screaming, someone was screaming. Her blood, my blood.

Everywhere there was blood.

Screams still echoed, the screams of a little boy, my screams, a child's screams. It was too cold for the hot blood that drenched me, thick sweat coating my brow.

Dirt was under my finger nails, and covering my face as I sat in the dirt, watching the carnage unfold, seeing her fall dead in front of me once more.

A soft body was pressed against mine from the back, perhaps a corpse of the fallen.

"I'm here, I'm right here, I have you," Seth's soft voice whispered.

His lips were against my ear, and the promise was enough to have me staring at my own trembling hands, clean and pale in the moonlight.

I was curled in a ball, and Seth was straddling me from behind, holding my waist. My breath was drifting softly up above me, and not a speck of blood was in sight.

"I don't know if I can do this, with you," I said truthfully.

"Can you try?" Seth said, his voice gentle and caring, but also broken and yearning.

"I would love to," I said, knowing deep in the pit of my heart that it was true.