Chapter XX

XX
°•. 🐎 .•°
Moving On

"I'm moving on, at last I can see, life has been patiently waiting for me"

"I want to make it work, but I can't be like that, because what if, what if that's all she wants, what if she just leaves," I said, my voice still crackily from all of the tears. I looked up at Rosalie, who was beginning to tear up before she smiled.

"Evangeline isn't Maria, Jasper. Just like Emmett isn't any of the men that did that to me, that's what you need to tell yourself. And just give it some time, you don't even have to take that step if you don't want to, I'm sure Evangeline will understand," Rosalie assured.

"You think so," I said, wiped the rest of my tears from under my eyes.

"I know so," Rosalie promised. "And if she doesn't understand, than she's not worth it, sometimes what your holding onto isn't healthy," Rosalie assured.

"Okay, I should finish getting ready," I said. I wiped away the fluid under my nose, before untangling myself from Rosalie's arms and standing.

"You should," Rosalie smiled.

"You look lovely sister," I joked, picking her up from my bathroom floor gently.

"As do you, except your nose is a little puffy," Rosalie teased. "And your just plain ugly," she joked.

"Can't argue with the truth," I joked in reply. She ruffled my hair gently, before leaning my head down to kiss my forehead.

"Don't ruin Bella's special day, just because what happened to us happened doesn't mean we need to force our pain on her, and promise you'll talk to Evangeline, even Sam is that's easier for you," Rosalie said.

"I won't, and I will, I promise," I smiled gently.

"Now!" Rosalie said with a clap, "allow me to do your makeup!"

"No."

"Do you want your eyes to be puffy and red," Rosalie said, her hands on her hips.

"No," I said with a sigh. She giggled and sat me down, pulling out far to much to just be for my eyes. She spun me away from the mirror, before drawing on my face with a black pencil, painting with light skin tones, and dusting my nose with rose red.

"You look hot," Rosalie nodded. She spun to the mirror and I looked just like me, maybe a little less sleepy, and less depressed, with thick black eyelashes too.

"I hate this," I announced.

"Don't lie to yourself, now, I need to return to finish Bella's hair, put your jacket on and go sit outside," Rosalie instructed.

"There is still an hour until the ceremony," I said in anger.

"I know, but someone needs to keep an eye on Seth and Anthony," Rosalie laughed.

"Yes ma'am," I smiled, pulling on my tie. I yanked my jacket over my arms before dashing outside, finding the two boys laughing over punch.

Sarah was twiddling her thumbs in the corner, while Sam chatted with Sam Uley. It was an odd sight to see my friends of the past intermingling with my life at the present, but one I gladly accepted.

I accepted it even more as I saw Evangeline descend down the same flight of stairs Bella soon would. The thoughts of her in white were replaced with reality.

Her hair was braided with white blossoms, and her body was covered in thin white silk, fitting her well and ending just at her thigh with a small ruffle, while the top was around her neck in thin see trough silk, flowers embroidered into it.

She was beautiful. More beautiful than I ever could imagine. Her purple eyes were brought to life by black stripes of makeup around them, her eyelashes longer and thicker. Her cheeks were rosy and doll like I'm her smile, and it was then that I realized I could never have fallen farther into love.

Then her smile directed towards me and it fell before she rushed over and wrapped me in her arms, taking my larger form against hers in a tight embrace.

"I'm so sorry Jasper, I didn't mean to push you, I know we just found each other again and I-" she started.

"Evangeline Harrison, do me a favor and forget that ever happened, my past is awful, so is yours and Sam's, I just haven't quite put it behind me yet," I said gently.

"Okay Cowboy, is there anything you want me to dodge in uh, topics of conversation," Evangeline asked gently. "I know horrible things must have happened to you after we parted and I, I don't want to cause you discomfort," Evangeline explained.

"I just, I don't want to get too, uh, physical," I said, my cheeks staining red.

"Oh, is this ok," Evangeline said, releasing the hug.

"Yes, it's fine," I laughed. "I just want to take it slow and not get to, uhm, how should I say, intimate," I tried to explain.

"Oh," Evangeline said, her cheeks turning a light pink.

"I still want to hug you, and kiss you, and have you whisper sweet nothings in my ear, I just, I don't think I'm ready to cross that line," I said, looking down in shame.

"And that's okay," Evangeline said, picking up my chin gently.

"It is," I whispered, looking into her eyes.

"Of course it is Jasper," Evangeline whispered. Then she place her lips on mine, her hands staying resting on my chest, the perfect place.

We had to pull away as my smile became to big to continue, and she giggled at the look on my face.

"Now, we have some kids to look after," Evangeline joked, as we both turned around to the two kissing teens.