Chapter XVIII

Chapter XVIII
°•. 🐎 .•°
The Morning Of

"For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart"

Jasper's PoV

A warm body was by my side as my eyes fluttered open, sleeping falling away as morning light invaded my vision.

There was her purple irises, staring into my gold, sleep still evident in her gaze.

I found a smile quickly, a kiss light on my lips sending my heart to the stratosphere.

I turned my eyes to the foot of the bed, seeing the black kitten that still radiated despair from Seth's departure.

My eyes drifted away from Anthony to Sam, who was dead asleep across the sofa, a young Sarah already gone off to play.

This was the morning, the morning of the day that Bella Swan would become part of my family. I would wear a suit, refuse to say a speech, but most importantly, I would be with Evangeline, the beautiful girl at my side.

I could see her in a pretty dress, perhaps one of Alice's, or Alice would steal her away to take her shopping.

I looked over at the clock, seeing the time mirror my excitement. It was nine, the perfect time to wake up with her at my side.

"Good morning darling, how is my lovely Evangeline this morning," I whispered in her ear, not wanting to disturb the others.

"Good morning Jasper love, I am quite well, how about you," Evangeline smiled back, pressing her nose to mine.

"I am in love this fine day Evangeline," I said softly.

"As am I," she replied.

Our lips folded together softly, a gentle, swift kiss as the dawn swept throughout the room. I kicked the blankets from my legs gently, hoping to not disturb Anthony as our legs tangled together.

As the kiss fell away I pressed our foreheads together lightly, and with a gentle rub of my thumb across her side she released a content sigh.

Then with a bang Rosalie entered the room, Alice trailing behind her, my door open wide and chipping the paint in my wall.

"Up lovebirds! Up! Up!" Alice called, while Rosalie shook Anthony awake. Evangeline, in shock, rolled away and fell flat on her back on the floor, with me sitting bolt up right glaring at them.

Sam was next to fall, meaning to stretch out when instead he released a yell and tumbled to the floor. Anthony screeched in the most adorable way, as he had yet to shift back, and dug his claws into my bed, hissing at Rosalie, who put her hands up.

"Alice! You didn't tell me waking them up would be this difficult," Rosalie whined.

"Yes I did, I said it would be like trying to walk into you and Emmett's room and not find you doing the devil's tango," Alice giggled.

"Alice!" Rosalie shreeked, looking as if she were about to lunge.

"Ah uh, not on Bella's wedding day," Alice tsk-d.

"Not in my room!" I exclaimed. "Get out!" I said, gesturing wildly at the door.

The two looked at my murderous gaze and fled quickly, while I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Evangeline sat up behind me, her angelic looks caught in every moment, chiselling the minor details into my brain. My sketchbook would hold this moment forever as soon as I had the time to draw the angel in front of me.

She wrapped her arms around me from behind, me resting my head on her shoulder before quickly kissing her jaw.

She smiled at the contact, before Sam coughed to remind us of his presence, and made kissy lips at us before Anthony shifted.

It was surprisingly not odd to witness a cat morph into a teenage male, the odd fact was that when he had shifted he had zero clothing, none, and he just kind of stood there, before digging through his bag for his undergarments.

"Anthony, put on clothes," Evangeline sighed.

"I'm working on it," Anthony said, before stretching like a cat and pulling on underwear.

"Don't bother," Sam yawned. "Alice will dress us all up soon enough," Sam informed lazily.

"Bet your looking forward to that one Sammy," Evangeline giggled.

I laughed along with her, the melodic harmony of our joy filling the space.

"Oh shut up!" Sam yelled with a laugh, slapping my shoulder. I felt tears prick my eyes at the feel, the familial sting not affecting me physically, but bringing out the playful side, the side left forgotten in the trenches of war.

I quickly blinked away the emotion before standing and pulling Evangeline up with me, a smile alight my face.

"Up we get my wonderful friends, we have a wedding to prepare for," I laughed. I twirled Evangeline gently before slapping Anthony upside the head and grabbing my suit I had planned to wear.

"Jasper it's too early," Anthony moaned.

"Seth will be here in five hours," I commented.

"That's not nearly enough time to get ready," Anthony exclaimed, digging through his clothes.

"Jasper," Evangeline groaned, before lips were forced on hers quickly.

"I can't wait to see your dress, but Alice will yell at me if I stay here any longer I can feel her rage approaching, buh bye!" I rushed.

With that I spun out of the door, right into Alice and the two of us tumbled to the ground with little fits of laughter.

I rolled up off the ground and gently offered my hand, before pulling her up with a dazzling smile.

"You should get Evangeline a dress," I commented.

"I should," Alice smiled, before rushing into my room.

It was definitely going to be a long morning.