Chapter XIII

Chapter XIII
°•. 🐎 .•°
Maria

I sat, wringing my hands and my feet swinging below me. Below suddenly hopped out of the jeep and jogged up to me.

"How do you know how to fight newborns?" She asked. None of them had bothered me since the Josie incident but I knew I would have to finish the story soon. So I suppose now was the time.

"Why don't you get Alice and Rosalie and I'll tell you the rest of the story," I sighed. Bella ran off and came back with Alice and Rosalie standing excitedly by her side.

"Here we go," I took a deep breath.

》》♡《《

Sam grabbed me into a hug as we reached the treeline but I remained frozen.

"She's gone," I said, deep in shock.

"Shh, it's alright Jasper," Evangeline said.

"T-There Union Soldiers, a-a-are they going to hurt me?" Anthony asked from behind me. I turned to him and his eyes were glistening. "Union soldiers killed Josie, I, if I were to marry anyone I wanted it to be that girl," Anthony sniffled.

"What's your name?" Sam asked.

"A-Anthony," Anthony said, his voice still quaking.

"Welcome to the band of misfit toys Anthony," Sam said.

"W-We'll need at least two horses, if they haven't all been shot down then Ajax should still be in the stable with the others," I said.

"Jasper," Evangeline said soothingly.

"We need to get as far away from here as possible," I choked. I started walking over before turning around gesturing for them to follow. I walked to the edge of the forest near the stable and saw that the Confederates had barricaded themselves in their.

"We can't get in," Anthony said.

"Yes we can," I frowned. "Stay here, I'll get the horses," I said. I snuck up, grabbing a loose board and slipping it from its nails gently, then I grabbed another and did the same. I repeated this process until I had freed enough boards to slip in. I ducked in and when the Confederate's saw me they all cheered.

"No need to fear! Major Whitlock can handle this!" George cheered. I walked up to Ajax and a nice stallion called Czar and grabbed their reins before frowning to the Confederate's.

"Sorry men, not today," I smiled. I jumped on Ajax and raced toward the door they had barricaded. I burst through it and gunshots flew all around me until I finally reached the woods. "Come on Sam, Anthony, you get one Czar, Sam hand me Evangeline!" I demanded. I yanked her up behind me and set her on the saddle. She grabbed my waist and I kicked Ajax's side. We were off in a gallop faster than you could say 'giddy up', racing through the forest and too the barren cliff side.

"Jasper, Jasper are you alright," Evangeline asked. I finally pulled to a stop and saw Sam and Anthony struggling to keep up.

"No," I whispered.

"What's wrong Ranger Rick?" Evangeline asked.

"I-I-I'm never going to see her again," I choked. Evangeline's kiss my neck and tears fell from my cheeks to the saddle. The blood that covered my face rolled away as the liquid fell from my tearducts.

"You'll see her in a better place, when your time has come," Evangeline promised. She kissed my cheek and I saw Anthony sobbing and Sam rubbing his back. Butterflies fluttered through my stomach as Evangeline peppered kisses across my neck and I blinked away my tears. How could I know this girl so well and she still managed to give me butterflies.

"I, I don't know what we're going to do," I said lightly.

"I know exactly what we're going to do," Evangeline smiled. "We're going to move to a cabin deep in the woods of Maine, and live, we're going to make a family, Sam's going to eventually find a girlfriend and someday we'll adopt Anthony and become grandparents when he has kids," Evangeline said.

"That's a nice thought," I smiled.

"And we'll have two little girl's together," Evangeline smiled.

"We will," I smirked.

"Yes, one will be named Sarah, and the other will be called Josephina, Or Josephine, I just thought, maybe to honor her," Evangeline said.

"I like Josephina," I choked.

"And Sam's going to have a little boy, his name will be Jeremy, we might have to talk him into it but you know," Evangeline laughed. I nodded and turned back to smile at her.

"Go on, and Anthony?" I asked.

"Anthony is going to get adopted by us then will get married to a beautiful dark skinned girl. They'll have a boy and a girl, twins, Lexi and uh, Lewis!" Evangeline smiled.

"I think I like this plan, but where in it do we get married," I asked.

"When you get down on one knee, your going to propose to me next to something thats important to us, with a plain silver ring, but it's ingrained with the words 'Always And Forever'," Evangeline smirked.

"You have this all planned out do-" I started.

"Jasper, Jasper who's that?" Sam asked. I looked up and saw three beautiful women standing on top of a hill.

"I-I dunno, lets go see?" I said. We rode over and saw three beautiful pale women.

"Well whats this, four soldiers, handy," the front one smirked. "Two humans, the black one and the blonde one, one fey, the girlie, and a shifter," She said. "What's your names?" She asked.

"I'm Major Whitlock," I said protectively.

"I'm Major Harrison," Evangeline growled.

"I'm Sam Forest," Sam said.

"I'm Anthony Gavel," Anthony said.

"Ladies, you tale those three, put them somewhere, fun, I'll be taking Mr. Whitlock here," she licked her lips.

"No!" I exclaimed. Evangeline was yanked off the horse at lightning speed and I tried to grab her but the other two woman started running away faster than I had ever seen before. I was stuck frozen in shock as something sharp pierced my neck before the female placed a kiss on me.

"My names Maria," she smiled. I screamed in agony before collapsing to the ground.

》》♡《《

"Maria was a siren, she used her power to convince me to love her and I forgot Evangeline. I was her puppet, she used her power to convince me to kill innocent young vampires and for, other things," I shuttered. "Eventually I ran away a regained my sense of judgment, but it wasn't until Alice found me that I was able to start controlling my thirst, and as you can see, I still have trouble with it sometimes," I blushed.

"Is that really just the end!" Alice said outraged.

"She convinced you to do what other things!" Rosalie growled. Of course she picked up on that.

"Nothing," I said, I would be blushing.

"So, that was the last time you saw them?" Bella asked.

"Yes," I sighed. "I'm going to head home," I sighed.