Part 18: Secrets

"Hurry, this way." Aris turns left through the vents, I try to be as quiet as possible but the creaks can always be heard,

"You like the view Thomas?" I tease,

He laughs, "Yeah, I do."

"Come on, we're gonna miss it." Aris rushes,

We follow quickly and quietly behind him, coming up to an opening in the vent, above an unknown room, one we've never been invited in.

"Just watch." He assures.

We wait for only a few moments before we hear movement and before long,

A nurse walks into the room, looking around perhaps to make sure nobody was watching, or following.

Then another nurse rolls along a body bag, but the person inside wasn't dead, a high tech monitor was beeping, telling things I wouldn't even begin to understand.

The door shuts behind them electronically, automatically.

"What the hell was that?" I ask Aris,

"They bring in new ones every night like clockwork."

"The kids they were calling, I don't think this 'safe place' really exists." I speak my thought aloud,

"Or maybe we just found it." Thomas whispers.

"I don't know what it is or who it is, but what I do know is, once they go through that door, they don't come back out." Aris tells us.

"You've already spoke my thoughts." He continues, "I don't think anybody ever leaves this place."

"We've gotta find a way in there." I speak,

"Yeah well for now We need to get back, before they notice, atleast I do, we can meet here in the morning, find a way in there."

"I have a keycard." Thomas outs,

"Good, we're gonna need it, meet me at 7am before they wake everyone else up, we have to leave as soon as possible."

I nod.

"Okay, let's get back."

He leads us back and we close the vent behind us, Aris goes back to his bunk.

Thomas lies on his bed, I'm sat in the corner bed, alone.

We've got awhile, it's only 10pm. I speak in my head so none of the other would hear us talking.

Get some rest.

Can't.

Why's that?

I haven't slept alone in years, don't think I can, Nightmares.

May I ask what about?

I'd rather not say.

Come to my bed, I want to know what you remember.

I get up from my corner bed, carefully I make my way over to him and climb under the blankets, he pulls me close, I rest my hand on his chest and throw my leg over his body. I push my head into the crook of his neck.

He giggles, "y/n you're acting like a kitten."

"What's wrong with that?" I smile, pushing myself up so I could see his beautiful brown eyes.

"Hey, How do you even remember what a kitten is?"

He gives me a look, more funny than serious,

"Oh yeah, is that really something you remembered?"

"Yeah, but I also remembered you."

"What about me?"

"Don't freak out but..." "I worked for WCKD."

I pull away from him for a moment, confused,

"There's no way, you wouldn't~"

"The crazy thing is...you did too."

I'm shocked, "No, I wouldn't."

"You did, but you didn't want to, you were put in the maze before me, because you rebelled, you wanted to help. While I just stood there. I wish I could've done more y/n." His face shows a sad expression.

"Are you kidding me Thomas, you got us out of the maze, stung yourself! All for us." I rest my hand on his face. I move over to straddle him,

"But I'm also the reason they were in there, Most of them are dead, because of me." He continues putting himself down.

"Tommy~"

"Y/n it's true, I watched them, before they were put in the maze, they screamed and begged not to go, and I never did anything."

I couldn't listen to this anymore,

I kissed him.

When his lips met mine, time seemed to stop, the only thing on my mind was him. His lips, his tongue, his hands. I'm addicted. And now I don't have to hide it.

When we separated his face lit up, an adorable smile ear to ear covered his face like a blanket.

"Sometimes you talk to much." I laugh.

"I know."

He grabs my legs, gently squeezing my thighs, slowly moving his hands to my butt. I smile.

"I really like you Tommy."

"I like you a lot more y/n."

I giggle. "Oh really." I lean in to share another passionate kiss.

He sure knew how to make a girl forget, even with everything going on, even if it wasn't forever, it was now, in this time, I needed this.