Part 26: Music to my ears

"If you push me, maybe I can grab on and untie myself, safely." I add the last part because these boys don't like to think things through.

"How are we supposed to~" Minho's sarcastic self starts up again,

"SWING YOU IDIOT!"

"Jeez, okay." He mumbles,

"Alright."

He uses his arms to gain momentum, eventually he gets far enough and grabs my legs, pulling me back,

Letting go, I reach my arms out as far as they would go, Just by a hair, I missed it.

"Try again!" I speak,

Minho pushes me, harder this time.

I nearly hit my face on the bar, "SHANK, why don't you try to crack my skull next time."

"I did try." He laughs.

Finally, with no expense of work and pure talent, I'm out, free, on the ground. I let out a breath.

"Earth to Y/n, We're still hanging." Fry speaks,

"Right, sorry." I walk around the hole.

I pull the lever so they'd also be able to get out. It works, one by one they get undone, eventually having to help each other.

"Wait." I put my arm out, stopping them all in there tracks,

"Listen." I instruct,

Whirring. Like a helicopter but larger.

"LET'S GO!" A girl comes out the door.

Brenda?

I may have caught her name along the way, always peeking in the shadows.

We don't waste time in following her, running as men flood in, men from WICKED.

This place was unfinished with plenty of beams to run across, last resort, some thing I've made myself do is always have a last plan, if all others fail.

She leads us up more stairs, "Why are you helping us?" Thomas asks, still running up the steps.

"The flare and scorch has killed more of our friends than WCKD, didn't think Jorge was like that, truth be told, I still don't, he'll be with us."

She smiles, the sound of music.

"That's him! He's with us! But hurry! It's the last song!"

"What the hell is that?" Minho asks,

"The place is gonna blow."

My eyes widen, but all the while I keep up the pace.

Finally we reach the top, a zip line.

Frypan goes first, Then Minho, Aris, Teresa was the last to go, she made it safely before the line snapped.

Great. Just our luck.

"I know another way!" She grabs Thomas, pulling him away,

I stand there for a moment, "Your friends will be fine! We'll meet up with them."

"Okay, let's go." I agree, following her.

Gunshots.

We run around the corner, being met with more gunshots, and worst of all, Janson.

"Y/N!" He yells,

I ignore him, running the other way.

We back up, to the edge of the floor, where it ends and the beams begin.

"You're cornered, come with me now and I'll forgive you, we'll forgive you all." Janson speaks,

"No." I turn around and run on top of the beams, careful to keep my balance.

Brenda and Thomas follow, not before one moment I looked back to yelling,

Thomas slipped, Brenda stopped, ducking, to avoid bullets.

"WE NEED THEM ALIVE YOU IDIOTS!" Janson yells at his men.

"THOMAS!" I try to turn back,

"Y/N, hurry. JUST GO! We'll meet you out there!"

I hesitated, not one hundred percent believing that, I was more scared to lose Thomas than anything, not just being separated.

"I promise, HURRY!" He drops down from one support beam to a lower one.

I wipe away my tears and run, down the stairs, left and right, avoiding Janson's men.

"Feisty girl! Over here!" Jorge yells from his huge vehicle, everyone else was there, all except Thomas, and Brenda.

I run and get in, Newt opens the back door for me, I close it and Jorge drives off.

Breathing heavily I speak, "What about them!?"

"They'll be fine hermana, don't worry, Brenda will take care of your boy."

I roll my eyes. Plopping back into my seat.