Part 21: Ghost town

Daughter?

All eyes moved to me.

"If you really wanted the best for me, why'd you put me in the maze? In danger!?"

"I mean come on y/n, why do you think you have the special abilities you have, because of me! We altered you, to be something, something special!"

He just changes the subject.

"So that makes up for it?" I scoff, "because I can talk to someone in my head?!"

The boys are beyond confused, astonished. I never got the chance to tell them, maybe I didn't want to, but now they know, maybe they won't even believe it, but knowing them, I'll likely hear about this later.

I walk up, next to Thomas, he keeps a hand out, trying to push me back.

"No, we're leaving, you are not my father, even if you were, you're not, These guys, They are my family."

"Alby was more of a father than you!" I yell, "And he died, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Tears leak from my eyes, "they're all dead, because of you." I cry.

Newt walks up, tugging my arms to pull me away,

"You'll die out there."

"Good, cause I hope you die in here!"

The door opens,

Aris!? And...

Teresa.

"Let's go!" Newt runs down the hall quickly, Thomas follows, I take the gun from the floor and shoot,

I didn't care if I hit them or not, I just...did it.

The adrenaline stopped when I ran out of ammo,

Everyone was outside the door, all except me.

"Close the main doors!" Janson yells into his wrist speaker/pager thing.

"COME ON!"

"Y/N HURRY!"

"RUN!"

They cheer me on, encouraging me to run, the door is over half way closed,

I ran as fast as I could, I closed my eyes...

And I slid, praying I would make it and not be crushed.

Then, I felt arms pulling me up,

I made it.

I MADE IT!

Thinking quickly Aris smashes the control panel.

Janson couldn't follow us,

Thomas flips him off through the window.

I smile.

"You little shits." Janson curses.

"We have to go! Now, they're not gonna stop looking for us!" Aris warns.

We don't hesitate to run out of the building,

Into, darkness, sand, desert.

God I miss the glade already.

We'll be alright. Thomas communicates.

We walk for what feels like miles, the sand blows in my face while I hold my arm up, trying to keep the sand from going into my eyes.

It would be nice to have kept a jacket atleast. My fault, oh well, too late now.

Newt walks closer to me, "Do you want mine?"

"What?"

"My jacket."

It's like he was reading my mind this time.

"No, I'm fine."

"You're too proud y/n, here." He takes his jacket and placed it on me, holding it out so I could put my arms in.

"Thanks." I give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Come on slow pokes!" Minho yells,

We laugh and run to catch up.

My smile turns into confusion as we come up to a building, fallen over, huge windows.

"Let's check it out yeah?" I ask the group,

"Everyone stay close, be careful." Thomas guides.

He takes an extra flashlight and hands it to me,
Unexpectedly he gives me a short but sweet kiss, I put my hand on the side of his face to deepen the kiss, only for a moment. Brief but calming.