Part 29: Marcus

It was like a lucid dream, happening right in front of me but it wasn't real. Every direction I looked, my friends were there, friends from now, friends from before.

Minho, Frypan...Newt. Winston, Jeff, Zart, flashes of them burn in my brain.

I have to get out of here. I have to find him, find someone I know, anyone...

I started to lose balance, my eyes practically rolled back into my head.

The last thing I remembered was seeing, Minho?

I wake up to yelling, in a small room, my head pounds with pain,

"Y/N!? You're awake, oh thank god." Thomas rushes over me and immediately engulfs me in a bear crushing hug,

Newt stands in the corner, observing.

I hug Thomas back tightly, I pull away to put a gentle hand on his face, he smiles sadly back at me,

"Is it really you?" A tear runs down my cheek,

"Yes." He lets out a sad laugh,

"I missed you so much Tommy."

I kiss him happily, our lips connect and butterflies swarm my stomach once more.

"I missed you too."

Even with everyone in the room, the man tied to the chair, wait....

A man tied to the chair?!

Thomas helps me up,

"What's going on?" I whisper,

"That's Marcus." He responds.

"I figured that out last night, before I passed out."

I walk over to him, hand in hand with Thomas.

"So y/n is it?" Marcus asks,

"How do you know my name?" I question,

"I have my ways but besides the point, may I ask you a question." He speaks again,

"You just did."

"Which one are you with?" He points to my hand, connected with Thomas's, then he points to Newt in the corner.

"Excuse me?! I don't think that's any of your concern." I try to walk up to him but Thomas tugs my hand close to his side.

"Well, I'd certainly want to know if my boyfriend? Was getting cozy with another."

"Shut up." Brenda yells at Marcus, kicking his leg.

I drop Thomas's hand, His eyes meet mine,

"I thought it was you, y/n it was the drink I swear!"

"Don't say anything Thomas, it doesn't matter, because we aren't together, right."

"NEWT KISSED TERESA!" He blurts,

"WHAT!?" Newt looks dumbfounded,

Marcus only laughs at this,

"SHUT UP!" Jorge yells, pushing his chair over,
"We need information now! I know your tactics Marcus, split up the group, it won't work."

"Yeah." I speak confidently, putting a cold face on,
"So you're gonna tell us what we need to know and NOW GODDAMNIT!" I push my foot tight against his throat.

He struggles to talk, "okay!" He lets out a huge sigh as I pull the chair back up.

"Talk, now." I growl,

"They're hiding in the mountains, but you won't make it there on foot."

"We knew that Marcus, where is Bertha." Jorge smirks.

"Not Bertha." Marcus cries.

"NOW!" I slap my hand on his shoulder, an evil look shining on my face.

"Fine, fine okay!" He cries, "Jesus lady you're scary."

"She's in the back, parked under the fake rubble structure to hide from anyone taking her, guess that didn't work out for me, keys are over there." He motions with his head.

"Thanks." I smile,

"Let's go." Brenda speaks.

Jorge gets in the driver's seat, Brenda in the passenger, Newt in between them. Myself, Thomas and Minho in the middle seats, Teresa, Aris and Frypan all squeezed in the back.

Minho sets a gentle hand on my shoulder, giving me a puppy dog look, that 'You okay?' Look.

"Don't look at me like that."

*edited for my readers since someone had a problem with the original I wrote. This is a love triangle! It's supposed to be confusing, so sorry for not writing it how you want it alright, happy now? Writing is a passion of mine and people putting my work down is not okay! Please stop, I started writing these chapters for fun but now I feel like my followers are turning it into something else, I feel obligated to write in order to make you guys happy when I also have a stressful life, I understand reading is a way to escape reality but please let me have mine too!