Chapter 3

---

(M/N) was woken up by the sound of Emi knocking on his door. "Time to get up! It's going to be a very big day!" He sighed as he sat up in his bed. That was probably the best sleep he's had in years. He let his hands run across the silk green sheets as he took a moment to relish in the softness of them, before rising off his bed and getting dressed. I wonder what my mother and Eri are doing right now, I hope they're okay, (M/N) thought as he entered the dining cart.

He could see Katsuki and Shota sitting at a table absolutely stacked with food while Emi sat in the corner of the train car doing her elaborate makeup. Katsuki seemed to be talking to Shota but he didn't appear to be listening.

"Oh wonderful, why don't you join us," Shota said in a sarcastic voice once he realised (M/N) was in the room with them. Katsuki simply looked over at him, before returning his gaze back down to his food. (M/N) sat down next to Katsuki as he looked around at the endless amount of food, before getting served an enormous platter, courtesy of the capitol staff that (M/N) hadn't realised were situated in different corners of the room. His plate contained Eggs, bacon, toast, and a pile of fried potatoes. This one serving would have kept (M/N)'s family fed for two weeks. He notices a cup containing rich brown liquid served along with his meal.

Katsuki noticed him staring at the cup, "It's called hot chocolate. Try it."

After hearing this, (M/N) grabbed the cup and brought it to his lips. He shuddered as the liquid ran down his throat. This 'hot chocolate' had to be one of the best things he'd ever tasted. He quickly finished off the drink before turning his attention back down to his meal, he grabbed his utensils and dug into the food, stuffing down every mouthful he could hold. Once his stomach reached full capacity, he sat back and looked over at the other two males, Katsuki had finished his meal and was downing the rest of his hot chocolate. Shota on the other hand, had barely touched his plate, and was instead focused on the glass of alcohol he was currently emptying. They would arrive in the Capitol soon, so (M/N) thought he'd give this one last shot, though he didn't know if he'd be able to contain his anger if the results were the same as yesterday.

"So, are you willing to give us any advice?" (M/N) asked while looking at Shota.

"Here's some advice, stay alive," Shota said before bursting out with laughter.

"That's very funny," (M/N) heard Katsuki say, before he lunged forward and smacked Shota's glass out of his hand and onto the floor, causing it to shatter. "But not for us, asshole."

(M/N) didn't need to look at Katsuki's face to tell that he was pissed. He heard Emi gasp from the other side of the room as Shota stared at his broken glass for a second, before quickly turning around and punching Katsuki across the jaw, sending him tumbling out of his chair and onto the floor. 

That's it

As Shota turned back and reached for the glass bottle, (M/N) leaned forward out of his chair and drove his knife into the table between Shota's hand and the bottle, barely missing his fingers.

"That is mahogany!" Emi yelled from across the room as she watched the scene unfold in front of her.

Instead of Shota swinging at him in retaliation, which (M/N) expected, he just sat back and looked between (M/N) and Katsuki, who had gotten back up off the floor and held a hand to his jaw.

"Well, what's this?" Shota says, "Did I actually get a pair of fighters this year?"

Katsuki rose from the floor and grabbed a handful of ice from the fruit bowl, bringing it to the red mark on his jaw, before Shota stopped him.