CHAPTER 1

IMPORTANT: A/N: This is the re-written version of the book. I have done a lot of changes. New events have been added and others have been removed. So, it is not entirely similar to its previous version. The comments will not be making any sense since I changed the chapters. 

Comments dating before the 9 January 2023 is not going to make sense.

***

Chapter 1

Third person's POV

Many, many years ago, the moon goddess created the supernatural creatures. Among the many creatures, she created few with a different kind of blood. They fought differently. They thought differently. They knew what to do to survive. They knew how to do the right and just thing for the sake of others. They were the strongest of their kind. All of them were leaders by blood. 

Hence, the moon goddess assigned each of them their kind of people whom they should take care of. They were the people these leaders should fight for and guide during the dark hours they would face because of their special abilities.

These creatures included werewolves, vampires, witches, giants, fairies, demons and so many more powerful creatures. To ensure their continuity, the moon goddess gave them mates. Mates were the ones with whom they would feel a connection at first sight. Not just any connection, a love connection that would bind them together for life. They were each other's other half, a piece that they would cherish till their last breath. They were there to complete each other, to love each other unconditionally and guide each other. Along with mates came a family and with family came children.

Just like all supernatural, the leaders had mates and children. Having the blood of the strongest of their kind running through their veins, the children were already leaders as they took their first breath.

All these powerful creatures together were a force to reckon with and with the wrong guidance, they could turn the world into hell. The leaders were there to ensure peace not only between the creatures but also between the human world and supernatural creatures. They had to ensure that the thin line separating these two worlds would not be crossed from either side.

Under no circumstances should humans know about the existence of supernatural for they would hunt them down. On the other side, supernatural creatures should not prey on those with no special abilities nor should they prey on each other, risking to erase their own existence. These two major rules kept the balance between the world and prevented the scale from tipping to one side.

However, as time passed by, everything was bound to change and the lives of these creatures were no exception. Starting from when the first supernatural creatures walked the Earth till now where they roamed freely all over the earth, there had been a drastic change in their ways of living and beliefs.

Mates, despite being such a pure connection has been neglected by many. Rejections kept arising between mates, causing severe pain to each other, tainting the once pure relation in the process. As they grew hungry for power, they forgot about what gave real happiness- their family. They neglected the latter and fought for the former. Even if there were plenty who still had faith in mate bonds, it was not how it once was.

The leaders were no different. The first leaders were passionate, honest, caring, loving and just but now, the leaders are only hungry for power. Being born as the leader's children, they knew the throne was theirs. They became over-confident and looked down on those who were not as lucky as them to have that fate.