CHAPTER 2

Third Person's POV

"Analise." Everybody visibly tensed at the mention of the youngest princess for it was after a long time that her name was spoken between the walls of the castle.

"She will not be coming here." Gabriel said firmly. "Under no circumstances should she set foot here. You know what she did."

"Yes, grandmother." Rayna added. "How can you forget what happened all those years ago?"

"I did not forget anything, Rayna." Natalia glared at her, enough to make her stop talking before she directed her attention back to Gabriel.

Before she could speak, Rayan added. "Instead of helping us, she might as well kill us." He exclaimed. "She has all the reasons to do so."

"The kids are right mother." Gabriel supported them. "She has not been at the castle for so long-"

"Whose fault is that?" Natalia retorted.

"It was her fault" Rayna interjected. "She got what she deserved and she is not coming back here."

"Young lady, don't you know you should not speak unless spoken to?" Rayna grew angrier at Natalia. It was only minutes since Natalia was back and Rayna already disliked her. It was very rare that people spoke back to her and she despised when that happened.

"She won't be of any help." Rayan spoke. "She was not here. She did not train. She does not know anything about our ways. She doesn't know our people. Hell she does not even know us properly."

"You and your sister, both should retake some basic etiquette classes." Natalia said but unlike Rayna, Rayan did not stop talking.

"I am the future king. I have all the right to voice out my opinion when it concerns the future of my kingdom." He said rudely. Just like any other leader, he did not like it when his leadership was questioned.

"You are the future king." Natalia emphasised on 'future king'. "You are not yet. You are still a prince."

"You are not queen either then." Ivory stepped up beside Rayan.

Confusion crossed Natalia's face as she looked at the girl. "Who are you again dear?"

Ivory felt insulted at her words but nonetheless maintained a polite smile as she introduced herself. "I am Ivory, Rayan's mate."

"Ivory dear, I have already been the queen unlike Rayan and you who have yet to even sit on the throne." She replied politely yet sharply. "So don't question my authority dear because I may longer be the queen but my authority remains as it was. I might even have more authority than Gabriel considering how long I was the queen."

"Forgive Ivory mother." Isabella said. "She was just trying to support her mate."

"Sorry mother but I don't think Analise will be helpful in this case. Whatever Rayan said is true. We have to be practical. We need strong people who know how to fight."

"Did you ever meet her in the past years?" She questioned her son.

"No."

"You said we need to be practical but is this practical?" Gabriel was confused. "You have not met the girl in the past years. How do you know whether or not she knows how to fight?"

"Don't know about fighting but she is very well capable of murdering people." Rayna muttered under her breath but it did not go unnoticed. As everybody's eyes landed on her, she realised her mistake but instead of apologising she continued, "She will never be my sister. She is weak and pathetic."