CHAPTER 34

Analise's POV

"So you are Alexander's mate."

I felt my blood turn cold as I froze in my spot, my glass of water frozen mere centimetres away from my lips at the unknow voice. Still shocked, I turned around, coming face to face with a brunette.

She was the same girl I saw as Alexander's side countless of time and she was also the one who caught me staring at Alexander at the meeting a week ago. She was a beautiful girl of around my height. Her dark brown hair was in a braid as her hazel eyes held a mixture or curiosity and amusement with light freckles on her tanned skin.

I did not know who she was at all. I did not know her name, who she was to Alexander and most importantly, why was she talking to me. I guessed she was pretty close to Alexander since she knows about us.

Seeing my shocked state, she face palmed herself. "Sorry, that came out weird." She explained, a small smile on her face. "I forgot to introduce myself. Princess Analise, I am Diana, the second hand in command and close friend of Alexander."

"Nice to meet you." I offered a small smile of my own as I lowered the glass of water. "Please call me Analise."

"All right Analise." She said. "You and Alexander are mates then." She stated again.

"Yeah" I said awkwardly, pinning her with a curious stare. "Why are you asking me this?"

"I was just wondering how the idiot got so lucky." She let out an excited squeal, shocking me even more as she pulled in a bone crushing hug as I stumbled slightly before my hand grabbed the side of the counter as I stabilised myself.

"Calm down." I said lightly, letting out a small laugh. She had to be close with Alexander if she could just go around calling him idiot.

"Sorry." She said sheepishly as she pulled away. "I am kind of an energetic person."

"Kind of?" I raised an eyebrow at her, amused at antics. She and Evelyne had the same crazy, extrovert vibe and I had no doubt that these two would get along really well if I introduced them to each other.

"Ok I am really energetic and weird at times. So, you should already expect these type of things whenever I am around."

"I will keep that in mind." I drank the remaining water in the glass before placing it in the sink. "So, he told you about it?"

"Yeah." She replied, knowing who and what I was referring to. "He told it to us after you called him asshole and not to mention, you flipped him off. That night, I swear he was in such a sour mood that everybody stayed out of his way. He would be irritated simply because our breathing." She rolled her eyes.

"Us?" I asked as she finished. "Who else know about this?"

"Only Adrian- his third in command- and me." She informed before she kept going. "Actually, all three of us grew up together. Even if he is our king, he is also kind of our brother. The three of us are kind of family in a way."

"You really care about them." The way her tone changed from a cheerful girl to one with only love and care did nothing to prove me wrong.

"They might be stupid and idiots, but they are still my brothers." Her voice was soft. "After losing both his parents, Alexander had no one except us who he was close with and it's the same for Adrian and I. Despite coming from the lower ranked families, Alexander still never treated us any differently."

"He makes a great king."

"He is." She agreed. "You know, after everything that happened when he was 15, we no longer saw the Alexander we knew when we were younger. The loss of his mother hit him hard. Especially since he was left in the care of his father. He became a shell of the person he once was." She let out a sigh.