CHAPTER 56

Analise's POV

"Are you ready?" Alexander asked in a low voice as he came up next to me, pressing a reassuring kiss on the side of my head.

"I don't think I will ever be ready for this." My own voice was low and shaky. "But it has to be done."

"Let's go." He said, leading me out of the room. "I am with you."

"And I am with you." I interlocked our fingers together, knowing that he was also hurting from this.

It had been a few days after we had won the war and we were staying in the werewolf kingdom. The other leaders had also stayed for a day. We had spent the day gathering all bodies of those who sacrificed their lives for us.

Since we were all different creatures from different kingdoms, we all had our own way for funerals. Early in the morning, the leaders took their people and those who last their lives back to their respective kingdoms where proper funerals would be held for them in the presence of their loved ones.

I took in a deep breath as we stood behind the big double glass doors. The guards opened the door for us and we entered. I felt my heart sink as me my steps grew heavier and harder as we walked deeper in.

The few people who were here bowed their heads, giving us sympathetic looks. Tears stung my eyes at the sight of the white coffin set in front of us- Grandmother's coffin.

We were in the same indoor garden where she had put herself under that sleeping spell years ago to deal with the loss of her mate. Since it was her favorite place in the castle, we deemed it to be the best place to bury her.

We had gotten rid of the big white structure which held the previous coffin. In its place, a hole was dug where her new coffin would be.

We stood by the side as more werewolves came to pay their respect and give their condolences to us. They came, and stayed by the coffin, crying a few tears and saying a few words to us before they left. Alexander and I just remained quiet, nodding our heads at their words.

Once everybody had already paid their visits, the official ceremony started. Only a handful of werewolves were present in the garden which included a few high-ranked, a few alphas and lunas and Tywin who was the eldest werewolf and also part of the supernatural council. He was the one to carry out the ceremony.

"We are all gathered here today for the funeral of the late Natalia Royal." He started in a solemn voice. "She was a wise queen. A strong warrior. A caring mother and grandmother. A pure soul who sacrificed herself for the betterment of others. While she has left, her memories will forever be with us. Her words will continue to guide us through our lives. May her soul rest in peace and she finds herself in a serene place from where she will watch over us."

I bowed my head down, blinking back the tears. Alexander put his hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I leaned into him, seeking his comfort as one of my hands went around him. "If anyone wants to say anything, you may do so."

As much as I wanted to speak I could not. I knew I would not be able to hold myself up and speak without breaking down in front of everyone. I could not do it and I was glad nobody forced me to do it either.

Someone from the higher-ranked werewolves stepped up and delivered a eulogy about the times when grandmother was queen. He talked about how she started off and how she turned into one of the greatest queens we have ever known. Her leadership. Her strength. Her kindness. Her compassion. Her wisdom.

"May she rest in peace." Tywin said as the eulogies were over.

We moved on with the ceremony, the time for the burial having arrived. I kneeled next to her coffin, my hand brushing the golden lettering of her name. "I love you. Thank you for being in my life and being by my side. I hope you get reunited with grandfather." I said in a whisper, a tear falling onto the coffin.