CHAPTER 24

Analise's POV

The sun rays kissed my face as I stared at the trees passing by in a blur though the car window and the wind caressed my hair, blowing the few loose strands. It was enough to calm down the previous nerves. It has been an hour since we left the castle and unexpectedly things were going pretty well since none of us bothered speaking.

Despite this, the air felt heavy and thick with tension because of the unspoken words hanging in the air around us. None of us dared to address the elephant in the room.

What did he want to talk about last time?

Alexander was sitting next to me looking handsome yet deadly like he always did. Instead of his black suits, he opted for black cargo pants and black T-shirt. I could not help but look at his profile as he drove. The muscles in his arm flexed as he controlled the steering wheel effortlessly with one hand while the other rested lazily on the lever. The light sun rays shone on his face as the few stray strand of hair on his face casted light shadows.

"It's rude to stare at someone." He spoke out of nowhere, breaking the silence.

"Glad to know you can talk." I said sarcastically. "And, I was looking at the view outside. Don't flatter yourself."

"How is the view then?"

"Gorgeous." I rolled my eyes and focused my attention back in front, actually trying to enjoy the view of the vast and lush greenery surrounding us. He did not say anything as he continued driving. "Are you always this quiet or just with me?" I asked, trying to break the ice a little.

"Why?" He asked instead of answering.

"Just wanted to know whether you are a boring person or not." I shrugged.

"And what did you decide?"

Was he actually trying to have a conversation? Maybe be this would not be as bad as I thought.

"That you are boring." I teased. "You never speak unless it is related to the war. You don't joke. You have only two expressions." I checked the expressions off my fingers. "One: glare. Second: No expression." I heard him scoff and I smirked.

"I would rather be boring than interacting with others. Especially with your family."

"Touché." I agreed. "Since we are talking about my family, what do you think of them?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Your thoughts about our enmity and well my family since you always seem to be at each other's throat." I shrugged.

"I think the enmity is useless considering the fact that it happened between our grandparents." He explained.

"At least there is one thing we agree on." I said out loud. "I did not even know about this whole enmity thing until the night of the meeting where you just barged in like you owned the kingdom." I rolled my eyes and I saw the end of his lips curl into a smirk. "It is one of the most stupid things my family has done and that is saying a lot."

He cleared his throat before asking. "You and your family." He started awkwardly, "You don't have a great relationship?" Although he was asking, it still sounded like he knew the truth.

"Not the best but not the worse." I lied. "You still have not answered my entire question. What do you think about my family?"

"You really want to know?" He asked and I nodded. It could not be worse than my own opinions about them.

"They are somewhat bearable except for your dad and Rayan." He started. "Your dad does not seem keen to end this enmity at all."

"Does not take a genius to figure that one out." I let out a small laugh