CHAPTER 7

Analise's POV

It was dark but peaceful. I could not see anything and yet I felt like I saw everything. It was like I was floating in the air. Where I would usually be scared to find myself alone in a dark abyss, I felt as if I was in an oasis of serenity because I knew I was not alone. Not far from me, I saw a wolf. A black wolf with familiar silky fur and silver eyes- Crescent. 

I could not help but smile at her as she headed towards me. I caressed her fur as she stood in front of me, placing my forehead against her head. Out of nowhere, the dark abyss was illuminated as streaks of colors floated around. I realised that it came from me. Streaks of colors escaped my hands into the surrounding as Crescent went ahead, playing, chasing the stripes. Soon, all of the glowing stripes surrounded her.

I watched with shock and awe as they entered Crescent, both of them blending. I could not believe my eyes as I saw Crescent's fur release a glow all around her body and her eyes were the brightest silver I ever saw. The power radiating from her was warm and powerful. Instead of coming back to me, she just sat there. "This is who we are Lizzie. Don't forget that." She said as everything started to fade away.

My eyes opened and I had not realised that a smile was playing on my lips. The dream was weird but comforting. It was the first time that Crescent and my powers were all in the same dream and it did not end up turning into a nightmare.

"What was that Crescent?" I asked her, the picture of her still in my mind. She looked so gorgeous and just powerful.

"You." She simply said before retreating.

"You woke up just on time." Richard's voice snapped me back to reality. My parents. I was going to meet them again. I looked outside and saw the beautiful castle as we pulled to a stop in front of it. Richard got out and rounded the car, opening the door for me.

"Thank you"

Several memories played in my mind at the sight of the castle. It's been years since I last saw it but It has not changed. Not drastically as least. It was still of the same color- a mix of beige and brown for the walls with dark brown borders around and a dark brown roof, giving it its ancient look and feel. The walls were covered with vines as they tangled with each other. Big beige towers stood at equal distances at the corners, dwarfing the rest of the structure. On top of each, stood the werewolf kingdom's flag with the same symbol that was on the car.

In front of me stood the entrance with big, white double doors. A cobblestone path started at the entrance and stopped a few feet away from mine. The entire path was covered by a roof, supported by pillars. On top of the door, there were golden lines carved, forming intricate designs as they merged to finally create the sigil. As Richard came by my side with my suitcase, I walked towards the door guarded by two guards.

They looked at me weirdly, a questioning look on their face but upon seeing Richard with me, they opened the door, allowing us to enter. Thanking them I followed Richard. As soon as I stepped into the castle, I felt nervous. The usual nervousness took over as my palms started getting sweaty. I did not know what awaited me here. 

Was I right about my family or wrong?

I truly wished it was the former. For a long time, I wanted people to love me for who I am with all my flaws. I had Evelyne who I loved dearly but I wanted to experience the love of a family. My family.

As we stood near the entrance, a petite redhead approached us. As she got closer I realised she was a maid here. She was dressed in the usual elegant black dress with the golden werewolf sigil embroidered on the left side. She gave me a polite smile before addressing Richard. "Well, who would this beauty be?" I felt my smile drop at her words as Richard scowled next to me. I felt a pang of hurt but quickly masked it up with my smile again. I tried not to dwell on the fact that they did not remember me.