CHAPTER 40

Analise's POV

The clock ticked eleven and the need to murder someone started building inside me. More exactly, Diana.

Things have been really eventful ever since we came here. We kicked off the trip with a walk in town around six. The entire town was filled with people who were so friendly, adding to the already pleasant experience. Then we settled on having dinner at a small restaurant. We ended coming back to the villa after a walk by the shore around ten-thirty despite the protests from Alexander.

However, when we got back, Alexander had no plans of calling it a day and sleeping. Instead he wanted to spend more time and stay up till late. After around an hour of talking and TV, I finally settled on getting at least a swim in the pool given that we were staying there for only a night and Alexander already had plans for tomorrow.

Though, my plans were put to a halt as I rummaged through the bag Diana had packed for me, retrieving four bikinis, each one more scandalous than the previous one. The pieces of fabric stared back at me as they laid sprawled on the floor.

'It will look great. You will look great. You will look hot. We will look hot.' Crescent chanted in my head.

"Okay." I let out a shaky breath as my hand hovered above the bikinis.

'Red one.' Crescent urged as I looked at the most scandalous one in the group.

"Sure?"

'Hundred percent. Show off that body of yours Lizzie.' I could not help but laugh at her words. Crescent has indeed been my biggest supporter ever since I shifted.

"Fine." I crumbled the remaining three ones and stuffed them in my bag. I slipped on the red bikini. "I can do this." I said to myself, twirling in front of the full length mirror. Despite the nervousness growing inside me, I could not help the smile on lips at the red fabric fitting my body so perfectly.

"It looks great. I look great. I look hot. We look hot." I chanted once again, stepping out of the walk-in-closet while throwing on an oversized shirt on me.

Sliding the door open, I stepped onto the terrace. The cold, crisp winds hit my body, raising goosebumps all over my skin. Alexander was sitting leisurely on the hammock, looking up at the sky filled with stars, ghost smile on his lips, looking relaxed in a way I have rarely seen him. I guess we both needed this little get away.

The door slid shut with a click sound, getting his attention as he faced me. "Going for your swim?"

"Hmm." I hummed as I proceeded to remove the shirt from me, my moves slow and languid, dragging out the process. "Are you going to join me?" My voice came out raspier than I wanted due to the look in his eyes as he looked me up and down.

I could feel his heated gazed trace every curve, every dip and line of my body, boosting my confidence in the outfit. I discarded the shirt on a nearby chair as I made my way to the pool, towards the side where the stairs were.

As I set one foot in the heated pool, I gave Alexander a look from over my shoulder. I could clearly see the tension in his shoulder- something that was not there previously- and his jaw ticked, his eyes eliciting pleasurable goosebumps in their wake as they moved down my spine.

"No." Despite his curt answer, I could make out the strain in his voice.

I just shrugged as I descended the stairs, the warm water soothing my muscles. Needing to let go a little, I swam a few laps, trying different techniques I knew before deciding to take a break. I swam to the further edge of the pool that overlooked the town and ocean.