CHAPTER 18

Analise's POV

Dressed in black workout clothes, I walked onto the training ground, feeling several eyes on me as they watched me curiously. Ever since training started, I never set foot here but after what happened at the meeting yesterday, I had to be here. At least today because I knew if I proved myself today, they would not bring this up again.

"So do we know anything new about the vampires?" My father asked the others seated around the table.

"We sent people out to check the perimeters but we found no clue." King Tarsal was first to speak. "However, we did find some places where it looked like people were living there before. There was remnants of bonfires and animal carcasses. We were doubting they were vampires."

"Are you sure they are vampires? They could be rogues." My father spoke.

"We are not sure. It might be that they are spying on us." King Tarsal replied.

"Anything else?" Grandmother spoke up.

"No. The nearby packs have not reported any sighting of vampires or any suspicious." My father's second in command spoke.

"We will never find anything like this. The search are not going well either." Someone voiced out. "Isn't there a way we can ameliorate our methods?"

"Who has any idea?" Grandmother agreed.

"Maybe instead of sending groups comprising of only one kind, we can group people of different kind together." I suggested. "This way, they will have different abilities. If there were werewolves in King Tarsal's group, the might have had picked up a scent or if there were witches, they could have traced any magic used."

"That could work." Grandmother agreed as well as the others.

"We will create new groups for the search." A leader said and I nodded.

"Since this is done, let's talk about training at the palace." Father intervened. It's been sometime now since training at the castle started. Alexander, King Tarsal and the leader of witches were responsible for the training. The best part is that all the creatures trained together. 

They taught each other new tricks, all the while improving. They might now realise this but by doing so, they are actually creating a bond between them. It was one of the main reason Malcom forced me to train with the others at school.

Unfortunately, I was not following his advice here. I never trained with the others because Ivory, Rayna and Rayan were all training there. We would never form any bond. In fact, we would create rifts between everybody. If the others saw us- a family- fighting, why would they bother forming a bond with their enemies?

I have mostly spent my time at the cave, going on runs in the forest while training Crescent and practicing my magic. My training at school might have been short but it was surely effective.

"Speaking of training, we have not seen you at all Analise." I looked at Rayan who was looking at me with a little smirk. I felt everybody's eyes on me as they awaited an answer.

I did not know what to say since I actually had no answer. Before I could say anything, grandmother spoke up. "I have been training her. So don't worry." I let out a small breath as I gave her a thankful smile.

"But how do we know if it is the proper training?" Rayna asked, smirking at me.

"Do you doubt my skills dear?" Grandmother questioned.