CHAPTER 6

Analise's POV

After all these years of being between the walls of the school, it was finally time to say goodbye. Graduation was finally here. It was time to part company with my friends and teachers. I would finally leave, taking with me nothing but memories of the past few years- Memories about my first day here, my first meeting with Evelyne, training with Malcom, the first time I learnt about my powers and many more- which will stay with me till the day I die.

As I applied a last coat of mascara, I could not help the bundle of nerves in my stomach. With every passing second, it tightened, making me uneasy and on edge. My graduation speech was already a worry but it was nothing compared to what awaited me once graduation was over. In my list of problems, the graduation speech was at the bottom while the reunion with my family claimed first place.

In three hours, graduation would be over.

In four hours, I would be on my way back home

In ten hours I would be home with the people I called family.

Just the thought was enough to make me feel several emotions at once- joy, sorrow, angst, anticipation, anxiousness. All of these emotions combined were enough to make me nearly throw up my breakfast. Looking in the mirror, I saw my reflection staring back at me. Even if time passed by and I changed, deep inside, I still saw the 7-year-old girl who craved her family's attention, who wanted to be loved and who did everything in her abilities to make her parents proud and this time, there was a glimmer of hope in her eyes along with a familiar look of longing.

Releasing a breath, I placed the mascara in my makeup bag before stuffing it in my suitcase. As I closed the bag, someone knocked on my door. Before opening the door I already knew who it was and a smile played on my lips. Swinging the door open, I was met with a beaming Evelyne.

"Ready for graduation?" She smiled.

"Hmm." I nodded. "You look stunning Evie." Indeed, in her black spaghetti strap jumpsuit with flared bottoms paired with simple gold accessories and black stilettos, she looked gorgeous. Her ethereal makeup and long, curled dirty blond hair made her facial features stand out.

"Thanks Ana." She twirled, showing me her entire outfit. "You look absolutely gorgeous too. I swear when the people at the palace will see you, they will swoon over your beauty and your stupid family will realise their mistakes." As for me, I was dressed in a knee-length beige dress with puffy sleeves and a belt of the same material, giving the whole dress an elegant and chic look. I paired it with nude heels and neutral make with my black hair in a half up half down hairstyle.

I let out a small laugh. "Thanks."

"Let's go now. We don't want to miss anything." She squealed excitedly as I went back inside to grab my phone.

"Even the headmaster's speech?" I commented, closing my door behind me. Evelyne linked our arms and we walked towards the hall. "I think I could endure one last and final boring speech of the old man." I just shook my head at her comment.

As we neared the hall, the hallways were bustling with students, teachers and parents here to support their children. Excited chatters and laughter of students accompanied by their families filled the beautifully decorated hallways. Flowers in vases stood on stands at regular intervals on both sides of the hallways and fairy lights adorned the walls along with balloons of theme gold, white and rose gold. With the witches' magic, sparkles fell on everybody passing the hallway till the hall. Despite the convivial atmosphere, some were still in a rush ensuring their outfits were on point or for the last minute decorations.

I found myself smiling at the scene as we walked toward the entrance of the hall. It was no different from the hallways with the same theme going on though it was more detailed. A big chandelier hung in the middle of the room with almond-shaped pendants strewn about. The lighting reflected in the glass, casting a spectrum of colors all over the place, being more prominent with a little touch of magic. In the middle, a long red carpet was laid with stanchions on both sides. The two sides of the stanchions were filled with perfectly lined up rows of chairs. The usually dull stage was shining with the fairy lights handing over the place and smaller chandeliers hanging. Magical letters reading 'HAPPY GRADUATION' floated on the walls. On one side stood a mic and a podium. Not wasting any time, Evelyne and I rushed to take our seats and waited for the ceremony to start as the excited chatter of students filled the room.