Three

Aktk- Aash but she needs me.

Aash- No she needs love which you both now cannot give to her.

Tk- Bhabhi?

Aash- You have lost the right to call me bhabhi. You both are doing what you think is right. You don't think about Tashi. You both want her right?

Unns- But have you both ever asked her what she wants.

Aash- That little kid is suffering because of you.

Unns- She stays strong

Aash- But after all she is a kid.

Tk- But I stay here after divorce. Ashi is the one leaving the house.

Aash- No you both leave the house after divorce. I don't want ever Tashi to see your face.

Ashi- But?

Unns- You both decide one day to separate without thinking about your daughter.

Aash- You both want her. But you both are not getting your daughter. Take divorce and leave this house forever.

(Aash and Unns leave from there. Aktk look at each other and sighs)

A week pasees. It's the previous night of divorce day. Tashi gathered everyone on the dining table together for the one last time.

Tashi- I know you all don't want to talk to mom and dad. Even I don't want to. But after tomorrow we'll never see them. So can we for a last time be together for dinner? Please badimaa?

(Aash looks at Sanku and then at Unnav. She then sees Tashi and nods in a yes)

Ansh- I loved my family 2 years back. Now I don't.

Mannat- Same here. And what is even the purpose of dining together when the differences can't be cleared.

Unns- Mannat stop.

Ansh- I don't think she said anything wrong!

Sanku- (loudly) Anshh

Tk- Bhai don't shout at Ansh

Mnv- It is all because of you both the kids have learnt to yell back at everything.

Ashi- You cannot blame us for everything

Unns- Give me a reason not to?

Aash- Please guys stop it.

Tashi- Can we please together be happy for one last time? Do it for me.

Everybody has dinner. The kids go back to their room while Aasan, Unnav and Aktk have an argument. Their voices were so loud that even the kids could hear that. The night passed and the next day Aktk took a divorce and forever left the home and Tashi. They now don't talk to each other. Differences came between everybody and nobody got reunited.

There's silence in the room. The clock is ticking loud. Everything is silent yet the pain is permanent. Tashi is sitting on her study table writing something.

Dear diary,
I turned 20 today. My birthday falls on the same day my parents got separated. Badimaa always insists me on celebrating birthdays, going for parties and being fun. She wants to see a part of Ansh in me that is always smiling and happy. But how do I smile? I have parents but I can't call them mine. They got separated when I turned 8. Badimaa then legally adopted me and no doubt she loves me more than anyone. I grew up seeing my parents fights and finally they both left me. My mom is a model and I see her everyday on social media and magazines. Dad is a singer, famous well known. I wanted to have both of them, but ended up having a broken family. Everything is still a mystery for us. What happened? Why did it? We weren't told. We had convinced badimaa but she had promised badepapa that she won't tell anything to us. Nobody here talks about Mom and dad. Only  badimaa has the hope that Aktk will be back together someday. Everyone else around has lost hope, maybe deep inside they do have. I haven't seen mom, dad in all these years. I certainly miss them. Ansh had once talked to them on Instagram and then he gave my number to them. He told me but never I have received a message from them. I wish things weren't so broken.

Aash- Tashi college?

Tashi- Coming badimaa

Tashi gets ready and goes downstairs. She turns towards the kitchen and sees Aasan together. Sanku has hugged Aash from behind.

Tashi- I'm sorry!

Aash- (pushes Sanku back) It's okay my baby. Go and call Ansh and then you both leave for college.

Ansh- I'm ready no need to call me. Good morning mom and dad and my sister Tashi (and he hugs her)

Ansh...

To be continued. Do share your reviews💜