Eight

Tk- Happy birthday my baby.

Tashi- (holds her tears) Thank you.

Tk- (touches Tashi's face) You've grown so big and beautiful in these 12 years. My girl is a princess. How are you?

Tashi- I'm good. How are you?

Tk- I'm good. How's bhabhi and Sanku bhai? And what about Manav bhai and Unns? Do you spend time with them? How everyone is?

Tashi- Aasan and Unnav don't talk to each other. We kids our also not allowed to meet each other.

Tk- but why?

Tashi- Everything is a mystery for us. Starting from your divorce till that night.

Tk- (quiet)

Tashi- Can I ask you something?

Tk- Yes.

Tashi- Do you love your family? Badimaa, badepaa, Unns mami and manav mamu?

Tk- (just doesn't responds properly) I think I should leave. Can I invite you to dinner at my place?

Tashi- I'm sorry. I can't lie to badimaa everyday.

Tk- (nods) Well then okay. Bye. I love you.

Tashi- (smiles) I wish you did.

Tashi leaves from the park and heads to her college.

Tk's pov- I left everything everyone. I thought everyone is together but I was shocked to hear that no one talks to each other. I sat in my car, laid back and closed my eyes.  (This pov will continue later) 

[Unnav's home]

Unns is plating the breakfast while Mannat comes down. Mnv is sitting on the dining table.

Mannat- Bye dad I'm leaving

Unns- But breakfast?

(Mannat doesn't responds)

Mnv- Take care beta.

Mannat- You too dad.

Unns- Now she is upset with me.

Mnv- She has every reason too. Talk to her and sort when she comes back home.

[Aasan's home]

Ansh- Maa I can't find my shirt.

(Aash goes to his room and he hugs Aash)

Ansh- You are upset with me? (Aash is quite) Maa you know that this thing kills us inside everyday. It is such a big mystery for us now.

Aash- I know but what you did was completely wrong. You lied to me.

Ansh- I'm sorry honey (mimics Sanku)

Aash- Badmash

Ansh- (hugs her) I'm sorry my love. I won't do that again.

Mannat- (standing at the door) Can I also be forgiven?

(Aash and Ansh looks at her)

Ansh- You are listening to mom-son secret talks.

Mannat- shut up you fool.

Aash- Come here (and hugs both of them)

[At breakfast table]

Mannat- Had a fight with mom.

Aash- again?

Mannat- (narrates everything) I agree I was wrong but..

Aash- Leave it now. Say sorry to Unns when you go back and that's my order.

Mannat- Only for you mami.

Aash- She loves you so much. And I have told you many times don't ask her about anything. She is very sensitive.

Ansh- But?

Aash- If past starts coming out things instead of getting better can get worst too. And now I have no energy to deal with the worst.

Mannat- Mami but we miss our family.

Aash- I also miss them but I'm helpless. Now leave this topic.

Ansh- Tashi?

Aash- She wanted to visit library so left early.

Ansh- Okay. Mannat let's go your bf must be waiting.

Mannat- Mami yaar!

Aash- (laughs) Don't fight in the car.

(Ansh and mannat leave for college)

Aash is doing her work when someone rings the doorbell. Aash goes and opens the door and finds a bouquet of flowers with a note 'I want to meet you for I have something to tell you. Meet me at the cafe at 4pm Aashna.' Aash was surprised for she did not know who had sent this.

Aash's pov- For a moment I felt it could be Ashi but then I thought why will she send me this. But I decided to meet the person but without telling Sanket.

[In the college]

Ansh's pov- I reached college and I was surprised to see Ashi chachi standing there. For a moment I wanted to forget everything and hug her but then I remembered how things are.

Ansh- Mannat look there.

Mannat- Ashi mami, here?

(Ashi saw them both and moved towards them both)

Ashi- (hugs them) How are you both?

Ansh- We are fine. How are you?

Ashi- I'm good. Where is Tashi?

Mannat- I'll call her from the library.

(Mannat leaves)

Ansh- I hope you are not here to make Tashi upset.

Ashi- What makes you think so?

Ansh- Give me one reason not to?

Ashi- How's honey? And Sanku? And Unnav?

Ansh- All are fine. And Aasan and Unnav don't talk to each other. They have no contact with each other. Even Mannat is not allowed to meet us but she comes.

Ashi- But why?

Ansh- Aren't we supposed to ask that? what separated you all?

Mannat- (comes with Tashi) Ansh we should let them talk.

(they leave)

Ashi...

To be continued. Do share your reviews💜