Seven

Aash- Sanku calm down. Go to the room. I'll talk to them.

Sanku- Talk to them and explain them. Otherwise no need for them to be together at home.

(Sanku leaves)

Aash- What did you three do? And Tashi you also with them?

Tashi- I'm sorry badimaa.

Aash- I don't want sorry tell me what you did?

Ansh- Maa tried to open that room.

Aash- Seriously Ansh? I have told you a million times not to. That room needs not be opened. You know how your dad is? I was so happy that Tashi wanted to enjoy and be in a party but you three. I'm disappointed. (She leaves)

Tashi- (sobs) I didn't want to upset badimaa. You know she has done so much for me.

Mannat- It's okay mami will be okay. She is bit hurt coz we never lie to her. I'll go back home mom must be waiting.

Ansh- Mom is okay but I'm scared of Dad. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

[Aasan room]

Aash goes to her room and sees Sanku wasn't there. She is about to leave the room to check on the terrace but she hears him sobbing. Aash goes near the bed and Sanku is sitting on the floor. His eyes all red and tears continue to fall down.

Aash- Sanku (and she immediately hugged her)

Sanku- Why did they do so honey? I lost my sister, brother and mother. I never want the children to go to that room and have a look into the past.

Aash- Sanku calm down. They won't now. They are sorry for what they did. You relax.
Aash held Sanku and made him lie down on the bed. She hugged him and they both drifted off to sleep.

[Unnav home]

Mannat goes home and sees Unns sitting in the hall.

Mannat- (to herself) Gone. Mom why are you sitting here you by yourself?

Unns- Today was Tashi's birthday. How did the party go?

Mannat- Mom I was in the club.

Unns- don't lie to me. I know you were there. How many times do I tell you not to? Your dad doesn't say anything and that's the reason you disobey me.

Mannat- But what's the problem mom? You don't even let me meet them? You all had a fight so you guys don't talk to each other. You know how close I'm to mami but no you always want me to not go there. At least give me the reason so I also ignore them like you.

Mnv- Mannat this is no way to talk to your mom.

Mannat- I know dad but what do I do? I'm not allowed to meet my cousins and nobody wants to tell the reason? Have you both seen Tashi? She cries everyday everynight. She lost her childhood because of some reasons we don't know. You both started ignoring mamu mami from that day. Why mom dad why? Tell me the reason na so that even I can avoid them. Tell na mom (and she starts crying while Unns and Mnv stays quiet) Why are you both quiet? Tell me naaa. Aash mami wanted to tell us but mamu stopped her. Have you all lost hope? Mom you don't miss your brothers? Dad Aash, Aash mami your cousin, don't you miss talking to her. Why do you want me to stay away from my family?

Unns- Mannat this is not how we taught you to talk to elders?

Mannat- (has tears in her eyes all this while) You did not teach me this mom. You taught me to ignore my family. I hate you maa, I hate you (she leaves)

Mnv- Mannat? (turns to Unns) We could have talked about this in the morning Unns.
Mnv goes to maanat but her room is locked. He then goes back to his room.

[In the morning - Aasan home]

Aash is in the kitchen cooking. Tashi comes downstairs and hugs Aash from behind.

Tashi- I'm sorry badimaa. I was stupid that I lied to you. I'm sorry I disappointed you. I did not want to. But I was happy that I would now something about how things went wrong. But now I promise not to. (her eyes fill with tears)

Aash- (turns and kisses her forhead) Things have not been easy and maybe it won't be ahead. But that doesn't means you follow the wrong path.

Tashi- I love you badimaa.

Aash- College is late. Where are you going this early?

Tashi- I have to go to library for some work.

Aash- Okay!

Tashi- (leaves the house) Sorry badimaa I lied to you. But I need to go and visit someone. If I told you, you won't let me go.
Tashi goes to a park and is sitting on the bench when someone taps her shoulder. She takes a deep breath and turns. In no time the person hugs Tashi. Tashi wants to wrap her arms around and hug tightly but she held herself back.

Who is it??

To be continued. Do share your reviews💜