12

It's midnight that night and Regina had just finished closing up. Emma was still at the bar drinking as the pair had planned to earlier that day. Regina walked around the bar with two glasses and a bottle of scotch, placing them on the counter.

"Why thank you" Emma said with a smile, both had already had a lot that night.

Before Emma could make her drink, Regina grabbed her face and pulled her into a kiss. It was rough but passionate at the same time, showing their attraction for the other. Emma went to pull away but Regina pulled her back in, not allowing it to break. Emma tried again, this time feeling her bottom lip be taken in between Regina's teeth. The brunette let go to move in again, noticing how Emma moved away.

"Hey, what was that for" Regina asked in annoyance, frowning at the blonde.

"I told you I wanted to talk and I know this is your way of avoiding it" Emma replied with a sigh, moving her hands off the woman's waist.

"Well then take the hint and just kiss me already" Regina huffed, knowing it's obvious what her intentions are.

"Why don't you want to"

"Because all we do is argue when we talk, that's why we just always had sex and talked in the morning"

"Then we will stay calm and talk nicely" Emma suggested, knowing she just wants to get everything off her chest. Regina looked away with an annoyed face, already aware this isn't staying calm. She turned to the bottle of scotch and poured herself a glass, taking a large gulp. "I'm confused"

"Well I'm not surprised, you aren't the brightest" Regina replied with a sassy tone, dropping onto the stool.

"You wonder why we always fight, it's because you make comments like that" Emma huffed, already annoyed by the woman's attitude.

"Fine. What are you confused about" Regina asked, not bothering to look over at the woman.

"I've been back four days and in that we have gone through you hating me, drunk sex, making up, discussing if you'll come with me and then to acting like we are a couple. Regina, you know better than I do that we are going to end up hurting each other again" Emma said with a soft but agitated tone, feeling herself hurting already.

"Of course I know that" Regina huffed, lifting the drink to her lips. "Maybe I'm doing what I need to stop that" she mumbled to herself, taking a drink to cut herself off.

"I heard that, what do you mean" Emma quickly said, pausing before she could pour herself one.

"Nothing, don't worry" Regina simply replied, just looking at the alcohol in front of her.

"Oh my god, I know what you're doing. You are trying to make me fall back in love so that I take you with me. You are being all lovely so I want to be in a relationship with you, making me think I can't be without you" Emma said on shock, finally piecing it all together. Regina just stayed quiet and drunk her drink, knowing it's obvious when she lies to the blonde. "Oh my god, you are! Regina, what the fuck? Do you know how manipulative that is"

"Yes, ok, fine! I am doing that and I don't care if it comes off as manipulative!" Regina snapped, finally turning to look at the blonde. "I know you still love me and I know you want to be with me... But I also know you are going to leave me again and I don't want that. I need you, Swan, god damnit. You are the only person I can't live without! I spent three years trying to get over you and look at me, do you think it worked" Regina continued, her tone switching from angry and sad with every word.

"Gina, I need you just as much as you need me... But I need you alive more. Like I said, I'd rather never seen you again and know you are alive than watch you die. I know that if I bring you, he will kill you just to hurt me. I can't loose you to this" Emma replied in annoyance, her pain showing just like the brunettes.