18

Later that night, Emma was stood in the mirror. She was getting ready for the date with Regina but unsure how to actually dress for it. Both said they didn't want fancy but Marco booked them into a classy restaurant so they felt obligated to dress up. Emma was stood there in a suit, unsure about it. She then heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Yeah, what's up, kid" Emma called out, briefly glancing to the closed door.

"I just wanted to- whoa, mum, you look so smart" Marco said with a smile, walking in to see his mother.

"I don't know, it feels like too much" Emma replied with a sigh, turning to face her son.

"It's the perfect amount, stop fussing" Marco said with a laugh at his mother's shyness. Emma just looked back in the mirror, thinking about what she is about to do. Marco could see she was upset, knowing it wasn't her outfit that was doing causing this. "What's wrong, mum"

"I don't think this is a good idea, kid. I don't want to hurt her or myself, a date is just a gateway to that" Emma softly said, looking at herself with slight disappointment at her own reflection.

"Or maybe it's what you need to realise you need her" Marco said with an awkward smile, knowing this was a true long shot.

"I already know I need her, I'd have asked her out on a date the first time we were here if I could have" Emma replied, turning to see the boy with an upset face.

"Mum, for once, just stop overthinking all this and let yourself have a nice time. Like you said, you two are trying to make some good memories in case you do leave without her" Marco softly said, giving his mother a smile to help ease her.

"Thanks, kid. I haven't got a clue what I'll do without you to keep me calm and stable" Emma said with a giggle, holding her son's face in her hands.

"Wait, this is calm and stable" Marco asked, chuckling to show he was teasing his mother. Emma laughed and pulled him into her arms, hugging him tightly. The pair held on for a few seconds, knowing how much they are going to miss each other. "Go on, you'll be late"

"Hang on, let me get my shoes on" Emma said with a giggle, pulling away to sit on the bed.

"Just please have a nice time, don't overthink and worry yourself" Marco said, knowing exactly what his mother is like.

"I'll try. It should be easy with someone I love, right" Emma asked with a chuckle, actually just trying to convince herself. She glanced up to see Marco was still looking worried, not wanting anything bad to happen tonight; he had a lot riding on it. "Look, kid, you know that if I could bring Regina with me, I'd ask her to marry me"

"You would?"

"Of course I would"

"Then do it! Take her with you and marry her, she loves you too much to say no" Marco quickly said, moving closer in a little excitement.

"No, kid, that's not the point of what I was saying. If I could then I'd ask her... I just don't think I can" Emma softly said, standing back up now she was done.

"I know, I just don't want either of you hurt" Marco sadly said, showing he hurt for his mother's.

"Me either" Emma added, looking into his eyes with an upset look.

"Right, go. You know she will be on time and you don't want to keep her waiting" Marco quickly said, hurrying his mother towards the door.

Emma chuckled as she headed out the door, Marco following behind. They headed down the hall and down the stairs, entering the bar. Rita was stood by the back door, making out with a tall guy she was seeing. The door then opened, revealing Regina stood there. She couldn't get out due to them blocking the door.

"Seriously" Regina huffed, catching both their attention.

"Sorry, Gina" Rita said with a giggle, pressing up against the guy to let her pass.

"Idiot, don't do it in front of the door" Regina huffed, slapping the back of her sisters head. Regina stepped out the way to reveal she was in a short, black dress that clung to her body. Emma's mouth dropped at the sight of her, practically freezing in her spot. Regina glanced up at the blonde with a smirk, admiring how she looked. "Well, well, well, Miss Swan... Don't you clean up good"

"You look... Whoa, that dress... Whoa" Emma tried to say, far too speechless at the woman's appearance.

"I take it you like the dress" Regina started to say, being cut off by the blonde kissing her. She was startled by this but it didn't take long to join it, using her hands to pull Emma's face closer. Soon enough, they broke the kiss and locked eyes; both were just as shocked by this action. "Whoa, I take it you really like the dress"

"Sorry, I couldn't help it" Emma said with a giggle, rubbing her thumbs across the brunettes hips.

"Come on, good looking, let's get" Regina said with a smirk, sliding her hands into the blondes.

Emma pecked her lips a final time before starting to walk, holding the brunettes hand as she did. Rita turned in her boyfriend's arms in order to watch her sister leave. Marco walked over with a smile, taking his place behind the bar.

"Have you ever noticed that all their worries disappear when they are together" Rita asked with a chuckle, glancing over to the young blonde.

"Was Regina freaking out about this too" Marco asked, laughing a little as he already knew this.

"Of course she was, it's Regina" Rita replied, looking as if it was obvious. "God, I hope your mum takes her"

"Me too, I don't want them hurt" Marco softly replied, knowing it's all he wants for them. "Anyway, I actually have work because you bailed again"

"Thanks, stretch. See you later"