13

Regina woke up in her bed with no clothes on, this was expected. She then noticed the only other being in her bed was Queenie, sleeping soundly at the bottom end. As upsetting this was, it was still just as expected. Regina sighed as she sat up, waking the puppy up. Queenie leaped up and rushed to the top end of the bed, licking her owners cheek.

"Morning, cutie" Regina said with a smile, ruffling the dogs thin fur. She kissed the animals head and rested hers against it, allowing her smile to grow sadder. A few tears came to her eyes, feeling upset about last night. "Let's go for a walk, yeah"

Queenie jumped up in excitement, running off the bed and to the door. Regina chuckled as she climbed out, walking to the wardrobe to get dressed. She chucked a pair of leggings and a sports bra, not worrying too much as it's her day off. She attached the lead to Queenie before heading out the room, entering the bar area. There she saw Emma stood talking to Rita by the stairs. Regina just looked down at Queenie and tried to walk her quickly. The only problem was how much Queenie loved Rita, barking to get her attention; both looked round a little shocked.

"Hey, morning" Rita said with a smile, unsure why she was trying to sneak out.

"Hey, I'm going to take her out for a long walk. Please don't burn my bar down while I'm gone, I know what you're like" Regina said with a tired sigh, making it obvious to both that she wasn't in a good mood.

"I'm not that bad to do that... Again" Rita sighed, mumbling the last part as she still felt embarrassed by that.

"Again? What do you mean again" Emma asked with a laugh, looking at the younger brunette in shock.

"The last time I left her to open the bar she set the fridge on fire" Regina simply replied, continuing to walk to the exit. "I shouldn't been gone all day but I don't plan on being back soon"

"Look, I know you are in a bad mood, clearly, but can you work my shift tonight? I have a date with this super hot guy and forgot I'm working till 10 tonight" Rita said with a beg, skipping over to her older sister.

"Seriously? You gotta take more responsibility than this, Rita, I can't keep covering your shifts for dates" Regina sighed in announced, knowing she didn't meant to take her anger out on the girl.

"Please! I'll pay you back big time" Rita begged, sticking her bottom lip out in the process.

"Fine but you owe me, I'll be back by six anyway. I'm leaving now, don't call me while I'm out" Regina ordered as she opened the door, allowing the dog to pull her out.

"Regina, wait" Emma quickly said, running over to catch her at the door.

"Why, Swan" Regina sighed in exhaustion, not wanting to talk to her of all people.

"Can I come with you? Marco is out job hunting and I want to talk" Emma replied with an awkward smile, knowing she felt bad for leaving the brunette that morning.

"I wanted to talk when I woke up but you weren't there so chance missed, I'll see you later" Regina simply said, walking out of the door in a hurry. As she felt her arm being pulled by Queenie, Regina took her stroll down the road. She then noticed Emma jogging to catch up to her, slowing down once she was there. "Oh for god sake, why are you here"

"Just talk to me, please" Emma softly said, showing she was begging the woman now.

"Do I really look like I'm in the mood to talk"

"Well, no, but-"

"Then take the hint" Regina cut in, barely even looking up at the blonde. Emma just softly sighed as she continued to walk, unsure why she hasn't bothered to turn around. "You know all our conversation consist of asking to talk and then arguing"

"I'd say we could try without arguing but you're already in a bad mood" Emma said with a weak smile, chuckling to help break the ice.

"I'm not in a bad mood" Regina huffed, keeping her eyes on the puppy pulling her along.

"Proven instantly" Emma said sarcastically, knowing it's obvious the brunette is annoyed. "Is it because I left this morning? I thought you'd rather that"

"No, I'm not in a bad mood so drop it" Regina sternly ordered, still not daring to look at the blonde.

"If it is, I'm sorry but it was very rare we ever woke up together. I'd thought you'd prefer I wasn't there, especially after last night" Emma continued, not realising that she was annoying the brunette more.

"I'M NOT IN A BAD MOOD" Regina snapped, stopping in her tracks to finally look at the blonde. "I'm tired! I'm having one of my bad days and I don't need you or anyone near me right now! I'm not in a bad mood... I'm hurting and I'm tired of it. So, excuse me if I want to walk my dog in peace so I can cope with my bad mental health"

Emma looked at little shocked at the outburst, not expecting such a reaction. She'd never seen Regina having a day like this, they were usually covered up so easily. Today she just didn't have the strength to hide it. Emma felt awful that she may have hurt the brunette and forced her to speak just them.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know, I... I'm sorry" Emma mumbled and stumbled, unsure what she should even say. Regina just looked down upset, not wanting to take it out on Emma; that's why she didn't want the blonde around today. "I'll leave you to it, I'm sorry again"

"Wait" Regina quickly said, feeling bad that she snapped at her. Emma looked up and showed a sad expression, revealing she was hurt too. Regina sighed as she knew Emma didn't have Marco to go home to, him being out meant she would be alone. "As long as you don't talk, you can come with"

"Really" Emma asked with a slight smile, worried it was a cruel joke.

"Yes, just don't talk" Regina sternly ordered, wanting this walk to clear her head.

Emma smiled a little more as she caught back up with the brunette, allowing both to walk side by side. As promised, neither spoke the whole way to the woods. Though one interaction was made, it was not spoken. Regina had reached out and taken Emma's hand into hers mid way through the walk, not daring to look at her. They both just stood in the woods, hand in hand, as they watched Queenie run around.