Chapter 1: The Masked Murderer

*Dream POV*

Not many people go outside while the sun is no longer out, but sure enough, there are that one or two teens who don't care. I could just walk up to them and stab them but that's no fun. I watch them... They walk the street, periodically looking back to check if anyone is following. After looking back 5-6 times, they see someone walking toward them. The man is me.

It takes them a few seconds to realise who it was. The green hoody. The smiley mask. The sharpened blade. It was The Masked Murderer. Dream was there. They run for their lives. But unlike them, I know the whole city by heart. No matter which way they run, no matter what they say, they always hit a dead end, they look back, to see if I am there and if they have a chance to escape. All they see is me, walking towards them.

Teen: "Please don't kill me, please please please, I'll do anything!" he said while sitting on the floor, begging for their lives. A huge puddle of tears appears below them.

Dream: "Anything... hmm..."

The teen looks up, thinking they may have a chance of surviving.

Dream: "What did you always want to do at some point in your life?"

The teen thought for a moment.

Teen: "I want to be an astronaut."

Dream: "You want to be an astronaut... hmmm... take your top off,"

The teen complies without hesitation. They are still on the floor and are now starring up towards me, confused. I crouch down and grab their arm. I bring it closer towards me before placing the tip of the knife on the wrist of his hand. I carve a smiley face. The signature mark of The Masked Murderer. I watched as they collapse completely on the floor, screaming in pain, trying to get help from anyone who can hear them. But no one hears them. It was just me and him. I stand over them until they finally open their eyes again. They stare at the mask. I stare back.

Dream: "It looks like you won't be able to be an astronaut after all"

I stab the knife into their stomach, watching them die in pain and blood loss. but before leaving I have a few things to do. I place the knife on their chest before carving a statement on the body. "I wanted to be an astronaut, June 13, 11:57."

»»---------------------►

416 Words (20 June 2021)