Chapter 6: "I didn't tell anyone!"

*Dream POV*

I had to sneak into my house so the neighbours won't see me enter my house. It was very risky sleeping with George yesterday, but worth it. The thought keeps going through my mind. He betrayed me. He told someone...

*Clay POV*

I walk downstairs and turn the news on. He berated me, He told someone. The thought was stuck in my head on repeat. I wasn't even paying attention to the news. The thought just kept coming back and back.

I go outside to try and get some fresh air. That may help get rid of the thought. I go on the railroad track. It's the quietest place in the neighbourhood. While walking I noticed something on the floor. I went to see what it was. It was a wallet. I open it and see an 'if found please return at this address' card. I looked at the address and recognised it immediately. It was George's address. Maybe seeing him will stop the thoughts.

*George POV*

My mum has been noticeably worried about my safety ever since she saw the smiley face mark. She tries to hide it but isn't good at it. She told my dad what happened. At least one of them is home with me. I can't even leave my house unless I am with one of them. There isn't much I can do. I just sit down doing nothing most of the time.

*Ding Dong*

I look at my mum, who gets up to open the door. She looks nervous, probably thinking Dream will be on the other side of the door. Come on. Do you really think Dream will come here in broad daylight to attack me? That's a big risk. But then again he did let me survive which is an even bigger risk.

Mum: "Uhm, can I help you?"

???: "Is this George Davidson's house?"

I recognised the voice almost immediately. I got up and walked towards the door. It was Clay.

Clay: "A few days ago, George saved my life as I almost got hit by a train near the railroad. I think he dropped his wallet there. I've come to return it."

*Clay POV*

I see George walk up behind his mum and push her to one side. He grabs his wallet and looks up towards me.

George: "Thanks Clay, thank you for returning this"

Clay: "No problem, you saved my life! It's the least I can do."

Mum: "Hey, would you like to stay over for lunch?"

Clay: "Oh uhm, sure."

I followed George to the dining room while his mum locked the door. She goes to the kitchen to get lunch ready.

Clay: "So, how are you? Anything interesting happened to you?"

George: "No, not really, how about you?"

Clay: "No, nothing really... Is there anything you like to do in particular?"

George: "I... uh... I like playing... Minecraft," he said hesitantly. He probably thought I would judge him for that.

Clay: "Oh, cool. So do I, maybe we can play sometime."

George: "Yeah, maybe we could." he said while smiling.

George's mum arrives to give us food. I dive into it straight away.

Clay: "Thank you, Mrs Davidson. That was delicious!" She smiled at the comment. "But I must be going now. Bye George,"

George: "Wait, can I have your number?"

Clay: "Sure," I said. He hands me the phone and I enter my number. "And remember, don't go outside at night!"

I wave at them both before leaving. Maybe I shouldn't punish him. No. He broke my trust. He told someone

⚡️Later that same night⚡️

*George POV*

I didn't expect Dream to come back tonight. I was putting away clothes into my wardrobe when I heard the window open. At first, I was somewhat happy to see him but as I turned to look at him, I backed into the corner. Unlike yesterday, he was holding his knife... in an offensive way. My legs began to tremble as he got closer.

Dream: "You told someone didn't you."

My heartbeat increased. I began to sweat in fear. He knows.

George: "n- no I didn-"

Dream: "YOU DID!" He shouted as he punched the wall next to him. Dream got closer to me.

*Narrator POV*

Dream stared down and the now weeping child. There were bangs at the door.

George's Mum: "George, what's happening! Who else is in there,"

George's Dad: "Open the door!"

George's parents could hear the whole conversation through the door.

George: "I didn't tell anyone. They fou-"

Dream: "Don't LIE to me!" Dream screamed. Although he was wearing a mask, you can feel the anger on his face. "Show me your wrist!"

George slowly lifted his wrists. Dream yanked it towards him and placed the tip of his knife on the healing smiley face. He aggressively carved another smiley face on top of the healing one. George let out a blood-curdling scream as Dream carved it in. He let go of his wrist and watched George struggle to lift it up. His tears fell down his face. Dream pushed George to the ground. He was now lying on his back, in extreme pain. Dream lifted George's top off and placed the tip of his knife on George's chest. He began to draw a smiley face.

George's mum hears George's scream and just falls to her, knees feeling defeated. She failed George. Dream is in there and George is dying. She failed to save George. George's dad didn't lose hope. He kicked at the door. Kick. Kick. Kick. The kicks are too much for the door and it falls.

*Smash*

George's dad smashes the door down. They both look in horror. They see their son, frightened for his life, a new, more clearer cut in his wrist. In front of him stood Dream. Dream looks behind him to see both of George's parents stare at him. George's dad charges after him, but Dream doges and jumps out the window. George's mum runs to George, trying to calm him down. George sobs in pain. His hand hurts but what hurts more, is his emotions. Why Dream? Why did you choose not to kill me when you first met me? Why did you choose to hurt me like this? George passes out from the unbelievable pain in his wrist.

*George's POV*

I'm sorry Dream. I didn't want to tell them. They found out

*Dream POV*

Did I go too far?

»»---------------------►

1096 Words (23 June 2021)

Thank you for 150 reads :D