Chapter 37: Squirrel

Uhm- hi guys. I'm that one guy who writes dnf on Wattpad. Long time no see.

Don't judge the *wacky* chapter and what the characters do, I'm mentally okay!! This is still dnf related, quite important to the plot.

»»---------------------

"Tag! You're it!" Shouted the short, 5-year-old kid after tapping his taller, strawberry-blonde brother. The taller, 6-year-old brother frowned and started to chair the boy around the garden. He quickly caught up and tagged the younger boy and tagged him on his shoulder. "You're it!" He snickered.

The two brothers were almost always inseparable from each other. The older, 6-year-old, wearing a plain white shirt and black pants. His strawberry-blond hair is one of his most unique characteristics, having a slight hint of pink under the bright sunlight. Being the older and taller brother, he was much faster compared to his younger brother. The younger, 5 year old, wore white pants with a patterned red t-shirt. He had dark black hair and had what most parents would call the 'cute factor'.

The younger boy chased the older, eventually coming close enough to tap him. "Tag!"

The backyard was relatively empty; being fairly small, it contained a small garden shed in the corner, a row of trees on the side and was surrounded by a tall wooden fence. The strawberry-blonde boy sprinted forward, not paying attention to the uneven ground beneath him. Consequently, he tripped on a rock and fell.

"Ow," he muttered. He tried to get up but something caught the corner of his eye. His eyes wandered towards the squirrel sitting at the base of the tree, looking for buried acorns. The boy locked eyes with the animal and slowly stood up. He gently reached into his pockets to pull out something. His pocket knife.

The other boy realised his brother was no longer chasing him. He stopped and walked close up to the older. "Hide and seek?" He suggested, innocently thinking the strawberry-blonde was bored of tag. The lack of response confused the 5-year-old.  He noticed the squirrel, his eyes instantly dart to the pocket knife. He gasped and quickly runs away.

As if in a trance, the taller boy slowly approached the squirrel. He was more centimetres away from the squirrel.

"TECH!" Screamed a feminine voice, causing him to jump a little. He turned around and saw his mother running towards him, followed by the younger boy. The strawberry-blonde boy, or 'Tech', looked at the base of the tree again. The scream from his mother made the squirrel scarper. Tech sighed

"Where on earth did you get a pocket knife?!" His mother yelled before snatching the blade from him. "You could have seriously hurt yourself if your younger brother Luka didn't warn me." Luka stood behind his mother, feeling a little guilty for telling on his brother. "Tech, say those words. Come on."

Tech groaned and let out a sigh. He knew which words his mother was talking about.

"Tech, no blade"

(Brief explanation: We find out Technoblade's real name is Tech [I like that name] and the origins of the name 'Technoblade'. He has a younger brother called 'Luka' and has a tendency to orphaning squirrels)

➶➴

"Happy birthday!" Exclaimed Luka. "23 years old now, how do you feel?"
"Old," Tech deadpanned. Luka giggled, causing Tech to let out a laugh. The 'birthday boy' was led to a restaurant, where they both ordered their food and sat at a table.

Luka and Tech were very close brothers, doing almost everything together.

"Where's Alyssa?" Tech asked.
"Oh she said she'll be here right now actually," replied Luka. As if on cue, Alyssa enters the small restaurant.
"Hey Tech, happy birthday," she said with a bright smile before waving at Luka as she walked to the table and placed a vanilla birthday cake. They talked about their idea for the future. Tech wanted to get into Technology, which has nothing to do with his name. Alyssa was training to become a nurse while Luka was trying to use his art skills to get rich.

They finished the food and were about to cut the cake. But before Tech could reach over and grab the knife, Luka hit his hand away. "Maybe I should cut the cake... 'Tech no blade' after all," he said. The trio all laughed at the joke while Luka carefully cut the cake.

They all ate cake, paid for the food and left the restaurant. Although it was not much, Tech just enjoyed the company of his friends.
"Thank you guys, that was quite fun!" he said with his golden smile.
"Of course it was fun, you got to spend it with the greatest, amazing, intelligent, kind younger brother in the world" Luka smirked.
"Yeah... with my greatest, amazing, intelligent, kind younger brother, he is yet to be here..." Alyssa chuckled while Luka punched Tech's arm.

Tech went home while Luka and Alyssa hung out for a bit. The three couldn't imagine their lives without each other. But something changed that night for each of them. Tech suddenly had a new 'purpose' in life and Alyssa went back to England, to start a new life away from the others. This one night changed the course of history for them

»»---------------------

862 Words (15 May 2022)

Disclaimer:
No squirrels were harmed in the making of this chapter