Chapter 14: Childhood

How it all started (Narrator POV)

Mom: "Why? I thought you loved me!"

Dad: "You are not as fun on the bed as Amy!"

Mom: "That doesn't excuse the fact you cheated on me! For how long!"

Dad: "Listen, Emma, I'm sorry, I want to-"

Mom: "No Daniel, you listen! If you really loved me, you wouldn't be cheating on me! That's it, get out!"

Clay's Mom pushes his dad to the door and slams it. Ever since that day, things have not been the same. Clay's parents would take their anger out on him. They would hit Clay very hard for no reason at all. They started to drink heavily. Although they hated each other, they still decided to stay together.

Clay was too young to remember the time before. He forgot the times when he didn't have to go downstairs, in fear of being punched. He forgot the time when he was happy. He forgot the time when his mom and dad loved him.

➶➴

Daily life (Made by 4g0t3nName)

They would never acknowledge me. If they see me, I get hit. So I kept to myself my entire childhood, in my bedroom, where they can't hurt me.

I felt sad all the time. I felt terrified all the time. They would always drink too much. Even going downstairs to the kitchen for food would be a big risk. I would have to starve myself until they are asleep, usually very late at night.

Some days, I was too hungry. My parents drank too much, I could smell the alcohol from my room. I would quietly sneak out of the house and to a local store. I entered, trying to keep a low profile. I stuffed as much food as I could under my hoodie. I quietly walked out, making sure I didn't look suspicious. But today was different. When I turned the corner, I bumped into someone. All the food fell out of my hoodie. I looked up at them. It was a cop.

Cop: "I'm sorry sir, did you buy those?"

I just looked down, tears dropped from my eyes.

Cop: "Hello? Kid? I need an answer. Where is the receipt?"

I didn't look up to him, instead, just shook my head.

Cop: "Hello? Can you speak? Are you mute?"

I nodded slightly. He sighed and got a notepad out. He handed it to me.

Cop: "Where are your parents?"

I wrote down my home address and the cop took me to his car. He drove me home and knocked on the door. My dad answered, noticeably drunk.

Dad: "Whada fuck ya wann?"

Cop: "I found your son stealing food from a shop over dear."

My dad looked behind the cop, where he saw me, still crying. He immediately put on an innocent face.

Dad: "Oh I'm so sorry, I had no idea, thankya for returning him."

Cop: "No problem, now kid, don't go stealing again, got it?"

I nodded and my dad pulled me into the house. He shut the door and turned to me.

Dad: "Bitch! Whyda fuck waya steal?" he said as he smacked me hard on the head. I fell in pain. A loud ringing echoed in my ears. Tears streamed from my eyes as he kicked me hard on my back. He kept kicking, screaming, hitting, and punching me over and over again.

After what seemed like hours, he stopped to get a beer, not expecting me to be able to move. I tried to run to the door but the pain was too much. I crawled to the door as fast as I could. As I got closer to the door, I saw my dad enter the room. I leaped up, running up the stairs, in agony. I slammed my door shut before my dad could enter. I collapsed on the floor from the unbelievable pain.