Chapter 25: The ending is near

This chapter is short. You should feel lucky

NOTE:
INSTEAD OF GEORGE'S MUM BEING FOUND DEAD IN HER BED, IT WAS OUTSIDE ON THE STREETS. THIS'LL MAKE MORE SENSE LATER.

»»---------------------

*George POV*

I can't remember what happened the rest of the night. I just remember getting in the back of my dad's car and rushing to the hospital where my mum was. I couldn't think straight as emotions flooded my head.

But I could make out one thing. It was Dream. It was all Dream's fault. He was talking about regretting something, doing something that we both wouldn't like but he did it for us both. How would killing my mother be better for us both!?

My emotions were mixed. I felt sadness, grief and loneliness. But also anger, hatred and despise. I hate Dream. I hate him. I don't love him. When I have the chance, I will murder him!

⚡️A few hours later⚡️

Nurse: "Uhm, are you awake?"

My eyes jolt open and stare at the nurse standing in front of me. It took a few minutes for me to remember what was happening. My back ached as it realised it was against the rough, uncomfortable back of a chair.

Nurse: "Your here to visit Alyssa Davidson?"

(I've realised that I've gone 25 chapters without naming Mrs Davidson lol. Why Alyssa? Idk, the first name that came to my head. I didn't add another Alyssa to this story... right?)

George: "Oh- yeah, I am. Is she okay?" I say desperately.

Nurse: "Yes. She's lucky that someone found her quickly, there wasn't that much blood lost. She should be waking up in a few hours."

George: "Did she have an... uhm... mark?"

Nurse: "No. We don't think it was The Masked Murderer. She had no smiley face mark on her wrist nor did she have her dream written on the body."

George: "Okay, at least we know it's not him. Can I see her?"

Nurse: "Yes, follow me."

I followed the nurse to the room. As I entered, I saw her lay on the bed. So peaceful. Yet so disturbing.

Nurse: "If you need us, push the button."

I nodded and sat down on the chair next to the bed. It occurred to me how short life is. If I was unlucky, she could have passed and I'll never see her warm smile ever again. The person who greets me every day in the morning. The person who is there for me when I need them. The person who would care for me, even when they are busy.

Just then, the door opened again. I looked up, not to see the nurse, but Clay.

George: "Clay? What are you doing here? How did you kno-"

Clay: "I went to your house to hang out, but no one answered. I saw your dad and he explained everything just before he went to work."

George: "Oh."

Clay: "Is she doing okay? The nurse didn't tell me anything."

George: "Yeah, yeah. She's going to survive."

Clay: "Is she... marked?"

George: "No. She isn't marked. But I still think it's Dream."

Clay: "How come?" he asked curiously.

George: "Dream had a conversation with me moments before we received a phone call telling us that my mum was sent to the hospital. He said that he did something that he regretted. Something that I wouldn't like. And that it was for the better for us both. But how is this better for us both? I don't know. Next time I see him, I'm going to stab him. He will feel pain for once. I don't love him, I hate him!"

»»---------------------

635 Words (28th August 2021)

This is the beginning of the end of The Masked Murderer (sorry to say). I don't want to leave you at cliffhangers yet so this chapter is short.

So the next part of this chapter is coming out next time I update :)