Chapter 31: "The truth is..."

*Narrator POV*

George: "Who is Technoblade?" He said in a direct tone. It felt like the world had stopped as the wind of the cold nights quieted down.

Mum: "How do you know that name?!" She said in a shaky tone. It was obvious she didn't want to talk about it.

George: "I said. Who. Is. Technoblade," George repeated, giving the impression he wasn't messing around this time.

Mum: "Well.. he's a friend. An old friend."

George raised his eyebrow at his mum, indicating he wants her to explain herself. George's mum lets out a sigh.

Mum: "Technoblade was someone I met many years ago, way before were born. He's the most loyal person I ever knew. He helped me adjust to America when I had to move there to work. But one thing about him is that he hates anyone who breaks a promise or hurts someone close to him... I did both."

George: "Is that it?" he asked, a little disappointed. "Why did the man with the pink hair and crown want me to ask you?"

Mum: "The man with pink hair and the crown is Technoblade. There are more important parts to the story. For one, he is an assassin, which is why he carries that blade around. He's also extremely skilled at it, never fails and never gets caught. That crown he wears on his head, the gold is taken from the Queen of England's Jewel room." (How British are we getting?)

George: "Then why did he try to murder me in my sleep?"

Mum: "I'm guessing he did it as an act of revenge against me. If I died, that's sad for me but if  you died, I would have to live knowing it was my fault."

George: "Is that why he stopped? He felt guilty?"

Mum: "No, I don't think so. He would murder a child if they are on his hit list. I don't know what changed in his thought process that made him stop but I'm glad he did."

They sit in silence for a bit. George tries to process everything that is happening while his mum is contemplating her life choices (quite literally).

Mum: "A week or a few ago, I asked him to come here. I had a job for him."

George: "A job?"

Mum: "One thing about Techno is no matter how much he hates you, he will still stay true to his words. He owed me a favour so I asked him to come to England to complete it."

George: "What did you ask him to do?" He asked curiously.

Mum: "I... I asked him to get rid of Dream. He was a danger ever since he decided to spare you. Ever since then, he's been spying on Dream, looking for the perfect time to get rid of him. It's not easy though as he has a very good reaction time!"

George: "Is that why Dream tried to kill you?"

George starts to connect the dots from the story his mum was telling.

Mum: "No, that was Technoblade. Again, as an act of revenge."

George tries to hide his guilt otherwise his mum will start asking questions. Clay was telling the truth the whole time! George felt like he should go and say sorry to Clay and forgive him but then he remembered what else he did. He has also been hurting George and playing with his feelings. This was too complicated to think of right now.

Mum: "I should have seen it coming. I was so stupid to believe he wouldn't take action against what I've done. "

George: "Why did he try to kill you? All you did was hurt a friend by accident and break a promise. It can't be that big?"

Silence filled the room. George's Mum takes a deep breath and lets it out.

Mum: "There has been a key detail I haven't explained yet... One that can change your whole perspective of me. Just please don't hold it against me, I've changed."

George: "Ok..."

George knew it was going to be something terrible as he always viewed his mum as the kindest, greatest mum ever. She sighs and nods internally. Time to tell him.

Mum: "I was also great friends with Lady Temptress. You know her, right?"

George: "Of course I do, who doesn't? Mother of all killers, killers of all men. She killed the most people without getting caught and just mysteriously disappeared one day."

Mum: "I knew Lady Temptress, I know everything about her that there is to know. She also broke a promise to Techno and hurt one of his friends."

George: "Is that why she mysteriously disappeared one day? Techno got her?"

Mum: "Not exactly."

George: "Wait, if you were great friends with the biggest serial killer and an assassin, were you in her gang of serial killers?"

Mum: "Kind of... The truth is...

I am Lady Temptress"

»»---------------------

785 Words (8 December 2021)

Most of you guessed that George's mum is Lady Temptress. I made It too obvious, didn't I? What gave it away? If you want any clarification on how this is possible, just ask me in the comments :D