Chapter 22: An urge to kill

*Narrator POV*

Clay looked uneasy. It's been almost a week since he murdered someone. But he had to stop. For George. He had realised something the day that George gave him those flowers in the flower field. He could either be with George or be Dream.

Resisting the urge to kill was hard to do but whenever George was next to Clay, he would forget about it. But George isn't next to him right now. George was in his house with his mum and dad while Clay was back at his home. The clock ticked, the urge grew.

He tried to distract himself but it was useless. He suddenly stood up. As if he was in a trance, Clay got up and walked into his bedroom. He grabbed a few items. His green hoody, his mask and his knife. He was ready to kill. Dream was ready to kill.

*Dream POV*

It was midday. I had to stay out of sight. As soon as a body is found, the police will be called. The police are easy to avoid but when there are lots of them closing down streets, that's when it gets too much.

I ran down a small, quiet road. Perfect. Three teenagers, walking down the streets, unaware of my presence. I run up to them as quietly as I can. I take my knife out and impale their backs.

Stab. Stab. Stab.

They didn't even have time to react. They all fall onto the floor, trying to figure out what happened.

I heard a high pitched, female scream from behind me. I see a terrified woman. She had an expensive dress on with an overpriced bag. Without hesitating, I run up to her. She tried to run but couldn't. This is why you never buy heels.

By now, my adrenaline was built up, now just needed to be used. I run around the streets. Murdering every single person I see.

Male? Stab.

Female? Stab.

Black? Stab.

White? Stab.

Ugly? Stab.

Pretty? Stab.

I ran down as many streets as I could, stabbing as many people as I could. By now, the police would have been called. I run into the next alley entrance, trying to avoid any police that comes by. As I run through the alleys, I see a figure in the corner of my eyes. I look down the narrow alley to see a man leaning against the cold wall. I approached him quietly with a smirk on my face.

I walked closer and closer. He must have heard me as he looked up and turned his head. He was wearing a military-green hoodie with the hood up that covered most of his head. He immediately stands up straight as terror fills his eyes and starts running.

I knew the alley. He was running into a dead end. I follow him slowly as he realises that he hit a tall brick wall.

The man looked defeated, ready to accept his fate. I was already smirking.

"Just do it painlessly please"

That voice. It sounds familiar. No. It can't be.

I walk up to him and take his hood off, uncovering his head.

He had long, shaggy black hair with a white bandana wrapped around his forehead. His almond-shaped eyes were open wide, filled with tears.

Dream: "Nick?"

Nick: "Wait... how do you know my name?" he said confused but scared.

Dream: "I can't kill you. Fuck. I'm going too soft.."

Nick: "Wai- Wha?"

Dream: "You saved me once as a child. You stopped me from killing myself. I've gone too soft. Consider yourself lucky. But," I said as I raised my knife, "if ANYBODY finds out that I spared you, I will murder you in your sleep