Chapter 5: Sleepy?

*George POV*

I was in bed, lost in my thoughts. Why did Dream choose me? Why not any of the other thousands of people that live here? Why me? I heard the sound of footsteps before hearing the window open. I look and see Dream there. He knows, doesn't he. He's here to kill me. I begin to panic, slowly getting off my bed, hands where he can see them, trying to put the most distance between me and Dream.

Dream: "Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you, I don't even have my knife on me today." he said in a soft voice

It was true. He had nothing in his hand. Wait... if he isn't here to kill me... why is he here?

Dream: "I'm slightly impressed. I'd assumed you would have told somebody by now that I let you live."

He doesn't know. Okay George, just don't make any slip-ups. Just do what he says and you'll be fine. It's all going to be alright.

Dream: "It's cute when you're nervous," He smirked at his own comment

He walked towards me and lifted his mask above his lips. He leaned in and kissed me in the cheeks. This time I wasn't shocked. Is it weird that I like it?

Dream: "Well someone enjoyed that didn't he," He said, still smirking

*Dream POV*

George: "Why are you here, what do you want?"

Dream: "My neighbours are loud so I've come to sleep here."

George was about to argue back but looked down and sighed instead. He nodded in approval. We both get on either sides of the bed. I pull him closer to me and put my arm around him.

*George POV*

At first, I felt uncomfortable sleeping with Dream. It was obvious the 'My neighbours are too loud' thing was just a lie. I scooted myself to the furthest point away from Dream. He just pulls me closer and puts his arms around me. He glides his soft hands through my brunette hair. While Dream was here I was scared. The Masked Murderer, known for killing the most people in a lifetime, but I also felt guarded against the outside world, like he could protect me no matter what life throws at me. I smile before my eyes shut and I drift to sleep.

*Dream POV*

I could now hear George breathing. So calm. So soft. So light. I take my mask off and place it on the table next to the bed. I place my arm around him, holding him close to me. It feels great to finally be able to cuddle with George :)

⚡️The next day⚡️

The next day I woke up very confused. Shit. I was sleeping with George all night. I was supposed to be gone 6 hours ago. I carefully get up, trying not to wake up George. Wow. He's cute when he sleeps. I grab my mask and open the bedroom window

*George POV*

I wake up, feeling a cold breeze against my face. I look up to see Dream opening the window, about to leave.

George: "Dream, wait..."

Dream jumped a little before turning his head towards me. He stared at me, waiting for a response.

George: "Dream... why did you choose to not kill me?"

Dream: "Oh I uhm- I- uhm personal reason?"

*Knock Knock*

George: "Quick, get out!"

Dream hastily jumps through the window and runs away. I get up to open the door.

Mum: "Hello Georgie, I know you feel traumatised, we're getting a new security system around the hou- " she realises the weird expression on my face. "Are you okay?"

Shit. I had to think of an excuse quickly.

George: "Oh uhm I'm fine... Actually, I'm not. I had a nightmare of what happened."

I look at my wrist. The smiley face was healing quite fast.

Mum: "Oh, George, if there's anything you want to talk about, you know I'm always here right?"

George: "Mum, I- I realised that he doesn't know that you know. The only way he will know is if he is spying on me or someone tells him. Sure I'm scared but not as scared as I was yesterday."

*Dream POV*

George: "Mum, I- I realised that he doesn't know that you know. The only way he will know is if he is spying on me or someone tells him. Sure I'm scared but not as scared as I was yesterday."

I was trying to process that sentence in my head. I was standing right outside the window, listening to their conversation. The little fucker told his mum. No, he couldn't have. But he did. They're having a conversation about it right now. Oh, he's gonna be sorry for that.

I leap down and sneak away, hiding in the shadows. He's gonna pay

»»---------------------►

802 Words (22 June 2021)