The Interesting Situation

My feet slipped on the wet floor and I steadied myself with the walls of the stall. The music stopped and the guy's voice echoed to me. "Are you okay?" he asked with confusion in his tone.

It was just a little bug and I shouldn't be afraid, but it was 3 in the morning and there's a fucking spider in my shower. Why were there spiders here in the first place?!

"C-can you please help me?" I whimpered.

My back was glued to the stall door, as far away from the shower head-where the spider hung from-as possible, and I know it was probably not the cleanest decision but I was freaking out.

I heard his water stop and footsteps approaching in a rushed pace. "What's wrong?"

"Please, just come to my stall," I said, practically cutting him off.

The spider moved a little, making me run out the stall and into him. His towel almost slipped off but he caught it in time and I tried to cover myself with my two hands, but I can only cover so much.

"Th-there's a spider in there. Please, j-just kill it," I stuttered.

He blinked innocently after realizing I was naked and doing a horrible job of covering up. He looked into shower, searching for the spider I hope, and looked back at my now shivering body. After noticing my towel is in a wet pile on the floor, he used a hand to cover most of himself and held his towel out to me.

"Use this to cover yourself," he said and I obliged, wrapping the warm material around my body.

He went into the stall and turned the water off, then stepped out, holding my bottle of body wash in his free hand.

"Did you kill it?" I asked.

"Let's just leave it to the janitors," he winked and I noticed that he's not doing a great job covering up either.

I cleared my throat and used my eyes to warn him, and his face flushed pink before he turned around, dropping the bottle on the floor. I held in my laugh from the cute little ass he had.

"I'm flashing my ass to you, aren't I?" he sighed.

I laughed lightly, "Kinda."

Since I was looking at his ass—and I already technically saw his other part—it was only fair that he can see something of mine, so I lowered the towel and tapped his shoulder. He turned his head but snapped it back immediately after glimpsing at me.

"Your chest is-"

"I know," I cut him off. "I'm returning the favour of seeing that cute butt of yours," I giggled.

"I don't think that's respectful of me," he continued.

"Look, if you want your towel back, you'll have to look at me anyway."

"You can keep the towel," he said and reached for mine on the wet floor, "I'll take yours."

"Can you throw it out then? Because that's kind of gross," I told him. "Come on, just turn around."

"I'd rather not."

"Do you think I'm ugly?"

"No, you're fucking gorgeous but-"

"Then look at my boobs, what's the problem with that?" I argued.

"Okay, fine, I'll look at you," he said and glimpsed again before turning around.

I smirk as his eyes widen a little and he suddenly became shy, gripping himself tighter. I picked up my bottle from the ground and his eyes tried their hardest to avoid my chest.

"I'm gonna go now," I told him and covered myself again to walk out of the shower room.

"Wait, what's your name?" he called after me.

I smirked to myself before replying, "You should've paid more attention to my name tag," I said and disappeared into the change room.

I knew it was weird that a stranger just saw me naked because I have a fiancé but if I really thought about it, I had nothing to lose. Nick and I weren't even in a real relationship. Our marriage was all business and that's all it'll ever be.

When I got home to my million-dollar mansion, our maid, Lina was cleaning up what seemed to be left of the expensive flower vase my mother bought for Nick and I.

"Woah, woah. What are you doing—you don't have gloves on!" I said and crouched down to take Lina's hands away from the broken shards.

"Mr. Kyoto dropped a vase and I came to clean it up like he asked-"

"Don't worry about it, Lina."

I helped her up and took the glass from her hands, tossing it into the trash can she prepared.

"Go back to bed, I'll take care of this," I told her.

"I can help you," she suggested but I didn't let her.

"It's fine. Get some rest," I insisted.

"Yes, Miss Kim. Good night, Miss Kim."

I nodded and Lina walked back to her quarters. I looked around my chandelier-lit foyer, scanning the broken pieces of glasses all over my marble floor.

I sighed, "Nick! Will you come here, please?"

Some shuffling of heavy footsteps echoed from the great room in front of me, and Nick stumbled towards me, clearly drunk out of his mind.

"Hey, baby. Did you break all this?" he asked as glass crunched under his shoes.

I always hated when he wore shoes in the house but I let it go because he only forgets when he's drunk. I gave him a stern look of disappointment and crossed my arms when he came to hug me.

"Ah... I broke it. I'm sorry for the mess. I even told Lina not to touch it," he said with a reek of Black Label coming from his breath.

"Please, just clean it get me the broom."

His hands cupped my face and he leaned down to kiss me. Ugh, I always hated the taste of Johnnie Walker.

"I love you," he said and I faked a smile.

Nick is a wonderful person, other than his alcoholism, but there was absolutely no bone in my body that wanted to love him, or was even attracted to him. I kept telling myself that I was doing this for my parents' sake and it'll be worth it, and that we can divorce in no time but 20 years and 2 kids is a long wait. I was only 24 years old, I shouldn't be dealing with shit like this.

"I love you too," I lied, like I always did.

If I had a nickel for the amount of times I've had to lie to everyone about my personal life, I'd be a multi-billionaire by now. But all this money didn't mean anything to me and evidently, my parents' happiness meant more than my own.

I just wish a had a little more freedom outside of this "rich life," a little more real in this fake world that my parents' have bought for me. I just want to be spontaneous for once in my life.

+ • • • Bet On It • • • +