The Subtle Flirting

I was back with the night shift again as Daniel's date went really well, and let's just say he won't have time to work tonight because of different kind of date... if you know what I mean.

I yawned loudly and Nayeon laughed at my tired gesture.

"Thank god we're closing in 10 minutes," she said and I sat down at a booth.

"Let's just hope nobody comes in those 10 minutes," I replied and held my head up with my arm.

Sadly, the entrance swung open and I turned to the see the guy from yesterday. Ugh, why did I have to see him naked? I won't be able to think of anything else at the gym if he was there again, but at least he's a change from Nick.

I unclipped my name tag and put it in my pocket for the sake of this guy not knowing my name. I couldn't let him find out that easily.

After Nayeon took his order, I made his pineapple smoothie with a hint of banana, the way he asked. I read the name on his cup, Lee Y/N. Y/N... I feel like I've heard that name from somewhere.

I handed him the finished product with a straw and a pretty smile for a pretty boy. He smirked then tried to hide the fact that his eyes flickered to the tight, black shirt I was wearing today. Since we were supposed to close soon, I didn't wear the apron around my neck and it was only tied at my waist, exposing my somewhat revealing top.

"Uh, thanks," he said and walked out quickly, making a turn towards the gym.

"And that's the 10 minutes," I said and clapped my hands together.

Nayeon was staring at me with a funny smile and I raised at eyebrow at her.

"That smile when you handed him the drink..." she laughed and I rolled my eyes playfully.

I walked into the back room and she followed me.

"Jisoo, I know it's our job to be nice to customers but damn, that smile did him dirty," Nayeon smirked.

"I saw him at the gym yesterday. Nothing special. We're not even friends so don't worry about it."

If anyone was wondering, I've never told anyone about my engagement to Nick, nobody needed to know who I really was.

After changing and locking up the store, Nayeon and I said our goodbyes and I made my way towards the gym.

There was nobody in the gym again, except for that cute guy who is now doing chest presses. I decided that instead of listening to music, I'll just focus on my thoughts. There was a lot to think about when my parents' were on my ass 24/7, lecturing me on how to behave at their next event.

As I approached the lat pull down machine next to him, he sat up and took his sweaty shirt off, wiping his flushed face before tossing the shirt on the floor beside him.

"You really have no respect for your stuff, do you?" I asked about his shirt on the dirty floor.

"You really can't be the person telling me about respecting my things, Jisoo," he said and my brows furrowed. "And if you didn't want strangers to know your name, don't have it embroidered onto your towel," he laughed.

Shit, I forgot about that. Thank god my last name wasn't on it then...

"Okay, well, I believe you owe me something now," I said with my arms crossed, waiting for an answer.

"And why is that?"

"Because I let your ass into my store yesterday?" I reminded him as if it was obvious.

"That was voluntary," he smiled. "I know you wanted me in there anyway."

I gave him a sarcastic smile and sat down after putting the pin through the 15 pound weight. I began my reps and noticed Y/N watching me the mirror. When he stood up, I couldn't help but gaze at his defined muscles and gawk over the way they moved when he flexed.

"You can probably do more weight than that," he said and took the pin out to insert it into the 80 pound weight.

"Are you crazy? How strong do you think I am?" I asked. There was no way I could even pull more than half my weight.

"You won't know until you try," he shrugged.

He stood behind me and I looked at his reflection as I try my hardest to pull the 80 pounds. I shut my eyes and scrunched my face, but it was simply too heavy.

"I can't fucking do it, bro," I told him and open my eyes.

"Okay, first of all, don't call me 'bro.' And second, try again. Use your arms this time."

"My arms, huh? Shit, really?" My voice was thick with sarcasm making him roll his eyes. "Why don't you show me how it's done then."

He walked behind me and his hands pushed my hips forward on the seat, making me flinch from his sudden touch that gave me goosebumps.

"What-"

"Would you just trust me?" he asked and sat behind me.

"Why would I trust a stranger..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing," I said innocently and smiled at him through the mirror in front of us. He stared for a second before letting out a short laugh.

With his chest against my back, I could feel his breath on my neck. He pulled the bar down for me to hold and he let go of it enough for me to be able to handle it. Was this his way of flirting with me or was I delusional?

"Easy, right?" he said.

I nodded and let go of the bar, resting my hands on his thighs beside mine. I shifted closer to his body and leaned into him. The only thing I could hear now was the quiet song playing from his earbuds.

"What are you listening to?" I asked.

We looked at each other through the mirror and my ambition to kiss him was becoming unbearable soon, seeing that he now let go of the bar to hold my waist. I knew that I technically have a fiancé and I know there were cameras in this gym, so there was no way I was about to make a sex-tape with a stranger, but damn it, I wanted something to happen.

But also damn it, Y/N was a stranger. I didn't even know anything about him. He could have HIV or be a murderer. Maybe the reason he looked familiar yesterday because I saw him on the news for a crime or something.

When I felt his crotch poking against me, I stood up abruptly, clearing my throat in the process.

"I, um, I'm gonna go shower," I said and hurry off.

I can't believe I was really about to make out with him just like that when he didn't even do anything but hold my waist. I was about to cheat on Nick, and I knew that won't go well with evidence on hand. As I changed out of my clothes, I realize that I didn't do much exercise yet I was sweating enough for a shower.

I was startled out of my thoughts as FourFiveSeconds played in the shower room, signaling that the guy is in there... waiting for me?

You know what, screw the innocent, good-girl, daughter of the owner of a billion-dollar company, I was gonna do something for myself for once.

+ • • • Bet On It • • • +