The Red Room

"Please excuse me, Ms. Kim, but you are requested in the Black Room by Mr. Kim," a messenger told me.

I let him escort me to the Black Room, known to have held Poker games of bets easily higher than a million since the Pinnacle first opened a century ago. There were men already sitting at table and many other witnesses on the side. Nick and DJ stood quietly next to my father sitting at the head of the table, who told the current men to leave their seats.

"Nick, why don't you take a seat?" my father suggested and Nick obeyed, sitting on the seat to the left of him. "Who else thinks they can play a round, hm?"

No man moved nor looked but one, who stepped forward and into the light.

"Mr. Lee, good to see you again," my father smiled condescendingly at Y/N who took the seat across from him.

"I heard there was a party back here," Aaron said as he sauntered through the room, "mind if I join?"

My father pointed to the last seat of the table and Aaron stopped to wink at me before he sat down, making me struggle to hide a smile.

"Texas Holdem. You boys know the rules?" my father asked and nobody denied, "good."

"What's the grand prize? I'd say a million but Mr. CEO may not be able to afford it with the look of his cheap suit," Aaron scoffs and a few men laugh at his joke about Y/N.

Y/N ignored him, keeping eye contact with me now that I'm beside DJ.

"I'm going to offer you something much more valuable than just a million," my father said as if there was anything more valuable to him than money. "The winner will not only receive their jackpot, they be the new owner of a twenty thousand square foot mansion in Malibu. Let's get started."

Round by round, the bets went higher. High enough for me to be surprised that Nick could afford it. But on the very last round, the bets were being called and every man in the room could feel the tension of this game.

"Mr. Son?" the dealer asks Aaron. He looked between me and his cards, settling on me when he put his cards face down.

"How about we raise the stakes?" my father asked and everyone looked at him curiously, exchanging looks to be enlightened by him. "You get my daughter for the night."

My jaw fell agape but I quickly closed it when all eyes were on me. My father couldn't seriously be this despicable.... could he?

"Father, what are you-"

"Donjoong," my father waved a silence over him before facing the three men at the table again. "What do you say?"

A man in a white suit behind Y/N watched his cards with great scrutiny and I catch a glimpse of an exchange between the man beside him. His face is expressionless when we make eye contact.

When the bets were all placed, it was time to flip the cards. The three looked at each other, all with anxious expressions but I was unsure if they were towards losing money or losing me.

All hands were revealed shortly: Nick with a straight and Aaron with a three of a kind, leaving Y/N victorious with a full house.

"Fuck," Aaron swore under his breath as Nick chugged the rest of the Black Label.

"Congratulations," my father said as he shook Y/N's hand after everyone stood up, but his voice had a hint of satisfaction.

"Right this way, Mr. Lee and Ms. Kim," a man said.

"I've prepared a room," my father clarified, "but change of plans, bring them to the Red Room."

The Red Room... My inability to access the internet, due to my mother's dictatorship over me, might've had am influence on my limited knowledge of the Red Room. But, I at least knew enough not the trust a good word about this room coming from my family.

Y/N and I stepped into the room, it looked almost identical to the last we were in, and the man who escorted us handed me a Durex. A few in a line actually. Then, he left the room with the click, signaling the door was now locked, leaving Y/N and I by ourselves.

"I don't trust this," I told him.

Y/N nodded and took the condoms from me, throwing it behind him, then smiled with one of his own in his hand.

"I came prepared," he said.

Our clothes dropped to the carpeted floor of the Red Room one article at a time and we find our way to the couch where Y/N lied on his back. He held me by my waist and controlled the speed of our pleasure.

I knew shouldn't trust anyone in the Pinnacle enough to actually have sex with Y/N right now—and I don't—but a deal's a deal, and Y/N got to have me for the night to do whatever he wanted with me. That last part, I didn't mind.

"Jis..." Y/N moaned like he didn't know the rest of letters to my name.

He flipped us over so that he was on top, and one of my hands found its way to the armrest of the couch above my head for stability, the other on Y/N's shoulder. His thrusts slow down and we both caught our breaths. He rested his body over mine with his head on my chest.

Now is the time I realize there were lines of white powder, cigar and cigarette buds, and empty vodka, liquor and champagne bottles scattered around the coffee table and floor of the Red Room.

"Do you smoke?" I asked Y/N, who is seemingly relaxed.

"Never in my life," he replied and looked up at me. "You?"

I shook my head. I was never allowed to.

"Have you ever drank?" I asked.

Y/N took a deep breath before answering with, "rarely. But, I mean, at a casino so it's hard to resist."

He laughed and so did I. We both got up from the couch and picked up our clothes, putting them on and checking if we left anything other than a used condom. Then, we walk out of the room, out of the casino, and never looked back.

+ • • • Bet On It • • • +