Episode 20

Parker stood in front of the kitchen door holding the bowl tightly in his hands. Everyone continued to look between him and Y/N. "Parker.." she whispered. "..come on. Say something." she let out a nervous laugh.

"How come you didn't tell me?" he asked almost immediately. "I mean.. everyone knew before i did?" he asked placing the bowl in Justin's lap.

"Well-" she spoke. He shook his head and walked back to the kitchen. "Parker. Parker!" she called after him. She bite her tongue and rushed after him.

When she entered the kitchen he stood at the island rubbing his face. "I'm your best friend. I should have been the first person you told." he said.

"I wanted to tell you-" she started. She could already see where this was going by the sound of his voice.

"Then why didn't you?" he asked. His eyebrows coming together.

"Parker.." was all she had said.

"Seriously? "Parker"?" he asked. He walked closer to the stairs and turned to her. "I would have told you the second i found out."

"I know! I know.." she said. She hung her head and tried not to let the tears slip out hearing how hurt he was.

"When did you get the offer?" he asked.

She could lie and say just a few days ago. But it's make no difference. "The day i left from robotics club."

"The da-" he nearly shouted but stopped himself. "That was like a week ago!" he said.

"And i am so sorry. But i thought you'd at least have my back on this." she stated. Anger was in her voice and his.

"How am i supposed to? You're leaving for god knows how long and you couldn't trust me enough to tell me!" he shouted.

"I do trust you!" she yelled back. Her eyes were filling up with tears at the edge.

"No you don't. No, because if you trusted me.. you would have let me know." he said. "You would have told me something happened to you this major."

She looked at him. "You're one to talk." she stated. The tears had escaped but that wasn't going to change anything.

"What are you talking about? I tell you everything."

"No! No you don't." she yelled as she walked up to him. "That night when Justin came and talked to you on the patio, i over heard you tell him how you had feelings for me." she admitted. "And you never told me."

He glanced to her with shocked eyes. She heard that and never told him. "Wh- i-"

"You didn't tell me how you felt meaning you didn't trust me enough." she sniffled. "I have been there for you through so much. I was there when you got your first F. When Liv left to become and actress.. When you made your first invention." she stated.

He still didn't say anything. Just looked at her. How could he lie? She heard what he said. Not only that but he kissed her. Obviously he had feelings.

She wiped her tears away and looked to the stairs. "I'm going to go finish packing and then say goodbye to everyone. I'll be leaving Monday morning." she said. He was avoiding her gaze now. "Let me know when you want to actually talk.." she said as she walked to her room.

He stood there having nothing to say yet again. He might have just ruined his friendship with his best friend.

✨✨

Y/N had finished her packing and called everyone the good news. Unlike Parker, they were genuinely happy for her. Dump Truck cried and said how he's going to miss her but that was expected.

She now sat on the phone with her little brother. "So i'll be going to different places to help people."

"That's so cool!" he said. "Will you send me cool things from the places you visit?" he asked.

"Of course, dude!" she laughed. "I'll send you all the awesome things. Not just cool." she said. She could tell that was more important to him. She looked at the time and figured he'd go to sleep. "Hey, i'll let you go to sleep. Just call me if you need anything alright?"

"Okay! Love you." he said.

"I love you too." she smiled. She hung up the phone and got her things to take a shower. When she walked out Parker came out of the bathroom with his hair dripping wet onto his clothes. Again. It was like last Halloween.

He noticed her coming out of her room and cleared his throat as he avoided her gaze.

"I was-" she started.

"Yeah." he said stepping out of the way. Before she closed the door on him he needed to tell her something. "Hey..." he dragged out. Nothing was stopping him at this point. "I tried to tell you. A bunch of times." he admitted. He walked closer to her and they were only inches apart.

She cleared her throat and looked down. "Parker. I-"

He grabbed her by the waist causing her to look at him giving him the opportunity to kiss her. Again. This time he meant it. The whole time it was passionate and heated. He'd wanted this for far too long. When he finally pulled away he wiped his lips and walked off. "Sorry not sorry." he said shutting his door.

She stood in the door way not knowing what to do. She shut the door and sat on the toilet. She placed her hand over her mouth and just stared at the wall in front of her. It was too much to handle.

She forced herself to shower and once she got out she dragged Parker out of his room and down the hall. "What was that for?!" she whisper yelled.

"I'm not doing this." he said trying to walk away.

"Parker! This is the second time you've kissed me."

"And i'm not sorry about it." he said turning to her. He was close again. He glanced at her lips and back to her eyes. "I know you felt the same way."

"Yeah. A long time ago!" she said. She rubbed her eyes and let out a long sigh. "I'm still in a relationship, you that right?"

"Doesn't change the way i feel."

"Parker! You can't just keep kissing me and expect me to be okay with it!"

"But you were okay with it this time seeing as i kissed you for more than a minute." he smugly stated. He was still so close to her. He went to reach for her hand but she smacked his away.

"Parker.. i care about you. I really do. But just because i'm leaving for 3 months doesn't mean you can just do irrational things hoping i'd stay." she said. His expressions changed. "I mean.. what would happen if i didn't leave? You would've made things awkward all over again."

He thought about. The first time he kissed her, it was awkward between them for too long. And it still was in a way. And now he may have just messed things up again.

"Look.. I'm not saying what you're feeling is bad. But you just need to think about how you're acting." she told him. "I'm gonna go to bed. Night."

He couldn't say anything. Once she left he went to his room. "God, what's wrong with me!"

"What's wrong man?" Joey asked. He sat in his beanbag and looked to his brother.

"I messed up again." he said. He sat next to his brother and put his face in his hands. "I kissed Y/N again and possibly ruined our friendship again."

"What?!" Joey yelled jumping up. He covered his mouth and sat back down. "Why?"

"Because i'm going through puberty and my emotions are all over the place man!" he cried. "Seriously i messed up."

"You know what you have to do right?" Joey asked. "Text Justin."

Parker looked at his brother and back to the ground. "You're right. Again." he said. He grabbed his phone and walked into the hallway. "Hey man.. i gotta tell you something."

✨✨✨

well.. that was different.

bye 🧍‍♀️

note: next chapters will be out Friday 08/27/2021