Episode 26

"I have to go," she stated, walking to the stairs. "I'll see ya later, Parker."

"Okay," he let out. He stood and watched as she went up the stairs and to her room. He knew he most likely did something but couldn't put his finger on what it was.

"Parker! The movies starting!" Dee shouted from the living room. Parker looked between both the stairs and the door. He thought he should go talk to Y/N. Maybe he can figure out what he did.

But before he knew it he was sitting next to Dee watching a movie. The whole time he wanted to focus on the movie. But he found himself continually thinking about his friend.

Once Dee was gone and dinner was over with, he sat in his room doing homework.

"No.. no how do you know that?" he heard Y/N shout. "You liar!" She was laughing. He wanted to know what was so funny. And why she had to be so loud about it.

But he continued to do his work.

By the time he got in bed, Joey was taking a shower. He laid in his bed staring at the wall. He thought about anything to put his to sleep. A nice movie he saw once. Dee smiling.

He saw Y/N for a moment but pushed the thought away. That is until she knocked on his door. He got up and opened it to see her holding a bag. Her hair was wrapped and she wore her sleeping hoodie. And her eyes were halfway opened.

"Why is Joeys bag in my room.." she groaned. "I almost tripped on it trying to get some water." She didn't think before grabbing Parker's hand and putting the bag in them and patting his hand. "Thanks.."

She started to walk away but he stopped her. He tossed the bag down and gently grabbed her hand. He remembered when he did that to kiss her once. But he didn't want to kiss her. He wanted to talk. "Wait.."

She turned around and it was obvious she didn't want to talk or listen. "What? I'm trying to go to bed.."

"I just..." He knew he couldn't sound like a parrot and repeat himself. "I wanted to catch up.. How've you been?" he asked as he leaned on his doorframe.

Her expression didn't waver. "You wanted to catch up.. at.." She looked at the clock on the wall next to his door. "It's almost 12 in the morning, Parker. We can talk when i'm awake."

"You'll just want to go back to avoiding me." he grumbled. It finally got her attention. "We haven't talked since you got back from your trip. I just want to see how my best friends doing."

He watched as she brought her fingers up to her head and rubbed them under her eyes and around her head. "Parker.. i'm sorry if i made you feel that way. But i just.." she thought for a second as she looked at his eyes.

He wanted to know what she was thinking. Maybe it'd tell him what he did wrong. How he can get back to how they used to be before everything got weird. "What?" he whispered.

"I haven't been really wanting you to see me like how i have been since.. Justin." she told him. For her she had dealt with the fact that he cheated and didn't deserve her. However, she knew her best friend would only blame himself even if he had barely anything to do with it.

"What?"

"I just.. I didn't want you to see me since the breakup. It sounds dumb but in retrospect i was a mess the first week it happened." she told him.

"Really?" he asked. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. And what she through was right. "I'm sorry, Y/N. If it wasn't for me-"

"It wander because of you, Parker." she interrupted him dragging her hand across her face. "It was because Justin was a little coward."