Episode 22

It had been a few weeks since Y/N came back and things seemed to be not only different at home but also at school. For one, she missed Cowbell week. Her favorite week.

Not to mention she had tons of homework to do. Turns out, when you leave school for 3 months, homework piles up pretty heavily and quickly. Luckily her best friend is here to help.

"Yeah. And i was just so confused why she just tossed her drink to me like i was okay with it. But! I handled it pretty amazingly." Parker's girlfriend said as the textbook she was holding was completely closed and Parker just listened to her.

"I'm sure you did, Dee." he smiled and wrapped his arm around her. Y/N glanced up and immediately got this annoyed look. She didn't mean for it to be visible but they both noticed and scooted away from each other. "Sorry." he whispered.

"Huh?" she asked. She looked up and saw how they both felt uncomfortable and were separated. She waved her hands and felt bad. "Oh.. Guys, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"No, i'm sorry." Dee said feeling ashamed. She pushed herself forward and look at the girl on the floor. "It must be so hard to get back into the groove of things. And with you and your breakup, seeing all of these couples must be so hard." she stated. Y/N looked to the girl confused, then to Parker. "Oh, no... I wasn't supposed to say that.." she said looking between the two.

"Parker.. You told her about me and Justin?" she asked, betrayal all over her face.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. It just came up in a conversation we were having and-"

"No. No, no, no. It's fine. Really. Really, it's fine." she said looking away covering her anger with laughter. She started to pack all of her things and take her bag. "I'm just gonna go do all this in my room. You guys don't have to help me anymore." she smiled.

"Y/N i really am so sorry." Parker said following her to the stairs.

"It's okay Parker." she said. She looked behind him to see Dee with a bitch face. "I shouldn't have told you." she said to herself and walked off.

Once she was in her room, she placed her things down and just completely yelled into a pillow nearby.

Dee was an amazing girlfriend for Parker. Always cared about his feelings, never wanted him to feel neglected, did his favorite things, all of it. The only thing is... She's an absolute bitch to Y/N behind closed doors.

For the first like 2 days they got to know each other, it was all great and so much fun. Until one day Dee got all protective and basically said "He's over you so don't try to loop him back into your little games."

But she knew that if she told Parker how Dee was acting it'd only seem like she'd be the bad guy. But you know.. other than that Dee's a great girl.

"Y/N, i am so sorry about telling Dee about you and Justin." Parker said walking into her room. "Please forgive me."

She looked to him and let out a sigh. "Why do you make it so hard to be mad at you?" she asked with a smile. He smiled back. "Alright well, i gotta get to all of these papers." she said and walked to her desk with the notebooks.

"I can help if you nee-"

"Parker.. I'm fine." she smiled. For a moment, as he looked at her, she wanted to tell him to forget what she said and help him. Just to spend more time with him. But.. "Go spend time with Dee. It's what you secretly want to do." she joked.

"No." he said. He thought about it and nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, i do." he laughed. He noticed how kind Y/N was being and how she didn't act like how he was. "I'm sorry about-"

"Stop with all the sorry's, dude." she laughed and spinet in her seat.

"No, i- I'm sorry that i kissed you and.. ruined your relationship." he apologized. "If it wasn't for my emotions you'd still be a happy couple."

She opened her mouth to speak but couldn't. She took a breath and looked at him. "It's not your fault."

"But i-"

"Kissed me before i found out my boyfriend had been cheating on me? Seriously, it's not your fault. I should have payed more attention to the fact that he was a two faced liar who loves to break hearts." she said. "But it was also my fault. I let you kiss me." she said avoiding his look.

"Why?" he asked. "I mean.. You could have told me to stop or pushed me off."

There was no way she could make up a lie to this question. It was an obvious answer. "Because.. i kind of.. didn't want to stop.. you." she said still avoiding his gaze. But she could tell how he was feeling. His eyes were wide and he barely breathed. "But you know, that was in the past! Long behind us. Let's focus on the present-"

"Did you want me to kiss you?" he asked cutting her off. He was genuinely confused. She was with Justin yet wanted her best friend to kiss her.. Makes no sense.

"He- Parker, can we talk about his another time? Please?" she asked feeling anxious and nervous. His gaze was still on her and right now she wanted nothing more than for him to not look at her. "I just really need to finish what i can from all of this." she said.

He nodded and headed to the door. "Yeah of course. I'll see you at dinner." he said. He took one last look at her as she laid her head on her desk hoping he'd close the door faster so she could jump on her bed.

✨✨

"So what's going on with you and Parker?" Holden asked on the phone.

"I just told you, dude. My feelings came back and i just feel like i'm being such a bad friend." she said watching him set up a project. "I mean.. i liked him, then he likes me when i have a boyfriend, then i like him when he has a girlfriend. It's too much. Also you're missing your main point." she pointed out.

He looked his board over and let out a groan as he tossed his head back. "See, this is why i FaceTime you when i'm doing projects." he laughed. "But seriously, what you and Parker have is unbreakable. Even you two can't break it."

"I guess." she sighed. They've been friends for a long time and not only that but he's been with her through so much and she's been with him through so much. If anything were to break their bond, it'd have to be a zombie apocalypse. She already warned him that if it were to happen, he'd be the first one she'd take to battle and when he gets infected, it'd be her to help him. So basically nothing can break them. "I just think i need to focus on other things than him for a while. Get my mind fresh and ready for.. anything." she said.

"You can help me do my projects." Holden smiled holding up his poster.

"Only if you help me with this." she stated holding up a huge packet from her science class. His face went ghostlike and she could see him crying on the inside. "Yeah.. it's gonna take me a while to do this."

"Just ask Parker to help you. I'm sure he'd love to." he said. Y/N gave him a look and he squinted his eyes and made duck lips as if saying, "Damn... you right." "My bad."

"No it's fine." she smiled. "But I'm gonna go to bed. Have fun with your project." she said.

Once they were off the phone she looked to her dresser and noticed a picture behind a small box. She got up and grabbed the picture. It immediately brought a smile to her face. It was her and Parker in 1st grade outside of the school. His arm was around her shoulder and he had the widest smile she'd seen. She was just done crying.

That day she was sad she had to go to school and not see her mom and dad all day. Parker was the one to calm her down when no one could. He didn't know her, he just saw a sad girl and went up to her and said "Don't cry. I'll be your best friend." And.. well you see how that turned out. She just noticed the box but was too tired to open it and went to sleep.

However, the box was something Parker forgot to take out of her room while she was gone. This could go many of all ways.

✨✨✨

i hope it was good. i have no idea where i'm going with this book but it's on one of the tracks i like.

bye 👋