Falling To Pieces

Wanda slowly opened her eyes, she tried to move but found herself unable to. She winced in pain as she pushed against the restraints that were keeping her still. Looking around Wanda realised she was being kept in some sort of cell, there were bars running across a clear wall of what looked like two foot thick blast proof glass, the other three walls were blank and stark white.

She tried to summon her power but found she wasn't able to connect with it, as if the bond between her and her power had been severed somehow. Panic flooded through Wanda and her eyes again darted around the room, trying to find any clue that would tell her where she was or who had taken her.

The last thing she could remember was getting the coffee mugs out back in the hotel suite. After that everything was blank. Wanda's next thoughts went to Y/N, was she okay? Had they taken her as well?

A camera in the far corner of the room tracked Wanda and she soon noticed the small red flashing light on it. Somebody was watching her.

"Ah nice of you to finally wake up Miss Maximoff. I was starting to think my guys had been too heavy handed with you" the distorted voice filled the cell, pulling Wanda out of her thoughts.

Wanda tried to turn her head to see where it was coming from but the collar that was around her neck restricted her movement. Just out of the corner of her eye though she could make out the edge of what looked like an intercom unit. 

"I really have just been dying to meet you. I'd have thought it would of been harder to get hold of you but it seems like you really did let your guard down. Was it all the wine or was it the little scientist that was making you all mushy and happy" the voice mocked Wanda, clearly enjoying playing the mental game with their prisoner.

"Who are you?!" Wanda demanded, her anger levels rising. 

"Ah you aren't really in a position to be asking the questions but let's just say I'm a blast from the past. Just not your past" the voice responded. 

"They will come for me you know that don't you. You will have the Avengers after you" Wanda tried to sound confident in her claim, but a part of her was worried that they wouldn't find her.

"Well that's what we're counting on Maximoff. It wouldn't be much of a trap if they didn't turn up. Plus me and Y/N really do have some catching up to do" the voice laughed coldly.

"Y/N... how do you know her? Why are you doing this?" Wanda strained against the restraints, the mention of Y/N sent a wave of emotions through her.

"Did I hit a nerve? You really do like the little scientist don't you?" The voice sounded curious. "You obviously don't know her very well though. I'm sure she would have told you about me if she really trusted you."

Wanda frowned at what the voice was saying, her mind racing to try and piece the information together. Then that night back at the compound, the first night after the party when Wanda had overheard Y/N talking to Nat came rushing back. Wanda then knew immediately who the voice was and who had taken her. 

"Lexa... I know exactly who you are. You're one of the most wanted SHIELD targets. You're a traitor, you're HYDRA. Stay the hell away from Y/N" Wanda snarled, glaring at the camera knowing the other woman would be watching it.

"Mm clearly you aren't just a pretty face. Well done for figuring it out but honestly you don't know anything. Me and Y/N have unfinished business" the voice said flatly "Well as fun as this has been, I have things to be doing and my colleagues are just dying to get their hands on you. So I'll let them off the leash now you're awake. Goodbye for now Maximoff."

The room went silent for a moment before the hiss of the cell door broke it as it opened. Four masked men walked in, all wearing crisp white lab coats. They came in with a load of equipment that Wanda didn't recognise.

"Time to get inside that mind of yours Miss Maximoff. We won't lie this is going to be very painful, but try not to struggle or it'll only get worse" One of them said and Wanda didn't need to see his face to know he was smirking as he spoke.

The other three were busy setting up their equipment. Laying out what looked like surgical tools and then next to it all was a small black box with the HYRDA logo on it. 

"What are you doing?" Wanda asked a fresh wave of panic rolling through her.

"We've created something very special. It's going to give you a fresh start Miss Maximoff. It'll get rid of all those pesky memories of the people you care about. It's going to make you our perfect agent, we will control you and your mind" the first scientist spoke again as he pulled on a pair of surgical gloves.

Wanda felt herself falling to pieces as she registered what the man was saying. Her and the team had come across information months back on a mission that had suggested that HYRDA were developing neuro implants that allowed them to mind control their agents and priority targets.

None of them at the time has ever considered the repercussions of one of these devices being used on one of the team. They'd never thought it would be possible for HYRDA to get this close to them. 

"Please... please don't do this" Wanda pleaded, tears starting to spill down her cheeks.

"It must be done Miss Maximoff. Otherwise how else are we going to get you to hurt them? You heard Agent Steele, there is a trap and you have a role to play now" The scientist showed little human emotion in what he said.

The tears fell faster as Wanda experienced true helplessness, it was the same feeling she'd had the day the bombs had hit and killed her parents in Sokovia. It was the same helplessness as she'd held Pietro's dead body. 

Now though she was going to be the bomb and the team that she loved and the woman that she loved were going to be the ones in danger. Wanda hadn't even had the chance to tell Y/N that she loved her and Wanda really did, she hadn't ever felt this way about anyone before. Now it felt like she never would get the chance.