Nobody But You

Y/N glanced at the alarm clock on the bedside table, it read 05:00, Wanda was still fast asleep next to her. She had again stolen all the blankets, leaving Y/N with a tiny corner, not that Y/N minded at all, as long as Wanda was happy. Slowly edging out of the bed, Y/N slipped on some clothes, trying to be as quiet as possible so that Wanda wouldn't wake up. With one last look back to make sure Wanda hadn't noticed, Y/N snuck out the bedroom.

The last couple of days had been tense, everyone was on edge after the news from Strange and the decision that they weren't going to sit around and wait for Hyrda to attack them. Y/N had stayed out of most of the conversations about it, she had accepted that what would happen would, it was out of her control now, all she could do was hope that her luck could hold out and pull off another miracle.

Instead Y/N decided to focus on the present and make the most of every minute she had with her family and Wanda. Pulling her phone out, Y/N text Nat who responded almost instantly saying she was ready and waiting in the garage. Y/N picked up the pace, excited to be getting her plan in to place.

"You owe me the largest iced coffee getting me up this early after doing recon last night" Nat grumbled as Y/N walked into the garage.

"Oh come on, as if you wouldn't have killed me if I hadn't asked you to help me with this" Y/N grinned, practically bouncing with excitement.

"Yeah you're probably right. Come on then, oh and I'm driving. Tony still hasn't forgiven you for what you did to the last car you borrowed" Nat laughed as she got into the black Range Rover.

Y/N rolled her eyes but didn't protest as she climbed into the passenger seat. Nat switched the ignition and pulled out of the garage, glad to see that her best friend was managing to keep a positive mentality and hadn't let what Strange said push her back into the darkness.

"Does Wanda have any idea what you're up to?" Nat asked as she followed the route set on the navigation system.

"Nope, I have just been telling her that I've been training more to make sure I'm ready for whatever happens. So unless she's been reading my mind without permission then I'm in the clear" Y/N smiled as she tapped along to the song playing on the radio.

"I've got Clint supervising Bucky and Sam to get everything set up for later. So hopefully they don't set each other on fire" Nat smiled back at Y/N as she took a slight detour through a Starbucks drive thru.

They spent the journey chatting and singing along to songs that came on the radio, whilst consuming their iced coffees. After a two hour drive they finally reached their location. The jewellers had come recommended by Tony who had made a call to ensure the order was ready for Y/N and Nat to collect.

"Ready? Not getting cold feet are you?" Nat teased as she parked up.

"I've never been more sure of something Nat. No cold feet here" Y/N said as she got out the car.

Nat pressed the buzzer by the door for the jewellers, laughing as Y/N shifted from foot to foot, unable to stay still. A man in a pristine suit opened the door and smiled brightly at them both.

"Ah Natasha it has been far too long, how are you?" He asked, pulling Nat into a hug, kissing both her cheeks.

"Hello Antonio, I'm very well thank you. Hows business?" Nat asked as he let her go and ushered them both inside.

Y/N's eyes went wide as she looked at the jewellery in the display cabinets, it was the most exquisite and stunning work she had ever seen. She was willing to bet that one cabinet alone was probably as much as all the cars in Tony's garage, the size of some of the diamonds was insane.