Always Saving Me

The next few minutes past in a blur as the rest of the team appeared in the room, easily dealing with the handful of agents that had been left.

Wanda rushed straight to Y/N's side, her eyes going wide at the sight of the pool of blood that was seeping into the floor under Y/N. Kneeling down, Wanda could feel the pain that Y/N was in and it broke her heart even more.

She had begged Steve and Nat to move faster but they had insisted on recon before sending the team in when they had finally received the co-ordinates from Bruce. If they had been just five minutes earlier then Wanda could have protected Y/N and she wouldn't be hurt the way she was now.

"Hey it's not as bad as it looks, okay" Y/N joked as she saw the worry on Wanda's face.

"You have a table leg sticking out of you, how is that not bad?" Wanda shook her head at Y/N as she lifted up Y/N's shirt to assess just how bad it was.

"You're always saving me..." Y/N murmured struggling to stay conscious now from the blood loss now, but fighting as hard as she could.

"I would prefer it if you stopped getting yourself into situations that required me needing to save you, if that's possible" Wanda replied as she looked back at Y/N.  "I need to move you, this is probably going to hurt though."

Wanda gave Y/N an apologetic look before hooking her arms under Y/N's and slowly moving her up to a sitting position. Moving her as gently as she could, Wanda got Y/N lent against the wall. Seeing the table leg going right through Y/N's abdomen, Wanda was glad in that moment that Y/N couldn't see the horrified look on her face.

Y/N let out a cry of pain as Wanda moved her off the floor, the broken table leg coming up with her. Glancing down Y/N realised that she was losing more blood than she'd thought at first, not to mention the fact every time she breathed now it felt like her lungs were being shredded.

"Get it out of me Wanda, please" Y/N begged reaching herself to grab hold of the end she could reach.

"No we can't do that, if we take it out now without any medical support you could bleed to death" Wanda said as she moved Y/N's hands away.

"If you hadn't noticed I'm already bleeding quite a bit" Y/N joked again, her auto response to dangerous situations appearing to now be inappropriate humour.

**

Nat had spotted Wanda going straight to Y/N which allowed Nat to focus on dealing with Lexa. Nat intended to make sure she paid for what she had done to Y/N. The whole flight there Nat had been trying to keep her temper in check.

Seeing Lexa on the far side of the room, Nat made off in that direction. A Hydra agent tried to stop Nat but she easily evaded the attack and countered with one of her own, sending the agent stumbling into Bucky who made quick work of them.

Lexa swore under her breath seeing that the black widow had picked her out. The two of them had a frosty history and that had even been the case before Lexa had defected and broken her best friends heart. They hated each other equally and it was clear to see.

Stumbling backwards, Lexa wiped the fresh stream of blood from her face and slipped the gun into her waistband. She needed to get out of here, it had been stupid to think nobody would find them. Lexa had just wanted a chance to get things together in her mind before deciding what to do next.

Lexa moved as quickly as she was able to out of the room, using the wall to support herself as she headed down the hallway, toward another exit. If she could make it to the jet then perhaps she'd have a chance to get away from them.

Leaving the others to handle the situation in the room, Nat followed after Lexa. It took her no time at all to catch up with the injured woman. Nat was trying to restrain herself from attacking straight away, even if Lexa was injured she was still a threat and Nat knew she'd resort to underhand tactics when cornered.

"You might as well stop this pathetic attempt to get away" Nat said her words were cold and harsh, as she looked at Lexa with hate in her eyes.

"What makes you think you could beat me? We both know that I'm the better agent out of the two of us" Lexa bit back, turning and drawing the handgun, pointing it at Nat.

Nat rolled her eyes at the comment, it had always been a competition, or at least Lexa had always tried to make it one between them. Nat had always secretly believed that Lexa had only shown an interest in Y/N to get under her skin, knowing they were best friends.

"You won't make it another ten steps Lexa. Not even you can really believe that in your current state you're a match for me, let alone the rest of the team" Nat didn't hesitate to move forward even with the gun pointed at her.

Lexa's hand shook and she hated knowing that Nat was right. The side effects of fighting against the neuro implant had wrecked her body. Fighting the hyrda agents had used up the small amount of strength she'd had left. Now she was struggling to just stay up on her feet.

"Fine..." Lexa sighed as she dropped the gun to the ground, now was not the time to fight, she wouldn't make it out of this one.

Nat moved swiftly to close the remaining gap between them and landed a hard strike against the side of Lexa's head, knocking the other woman out. 

"You deserved that" Nat said, before leaning down to pick Lexa up.

**

Tony was knelt down in front of Y/N as Wanda sat to the side her arm wrapped around Y/N protectively, whilst also helping to hold Y/N up right. The rest of the team had gone to check the grounds to make sure there weren't any more agents hiding out there, waiting.

"I'm going to have to agree with Y/N we need to get that out. From the scan one wrong move and that could splinter and hit her heart" Tony explained after finishing the scan.

Wanda tried to conceal the internal panic that flooded her at Tony's words. She had had just got Y/N back she couldn't face the idea of losing her if this went wrong.

"It'll be okay Wanda, as soon as we take it out I'll administer the suture spray from my suit" Tony said trying to settle some of the panic he could see Wanda struggling with.

"Can we just get it out now" Y/N grunted in pain, trying to sit up more but failing to do so.

Tony gave Y/N a nod and engaged the gauntlet on his suit and took hold of the end of the splintered wood. He didn't count down or give Wanda a chance to stop him, pulling the wood out in one swift movement.

Y/N yelled as the wood came out and collapsed into Wanda, her body flooding with adrenaline to keep her conscious. Y/N shuddered slightly as a strange tugging sensation rippled through her body and around the wound. She'd expected the be in more pain and to be struggling but her body began to slowly feel stronger.

"Okay, I don't think we'll need the suture spray" Tony arched a brow as he watched the wound on Y/N begin to close itself.

Wanda felt relief wash through her knowing that Y/N was going to be okay. Now her concern was directed to the fact that they still weren't sure about how far Y/N's new powers went.

"Well that is a neat trick isn't it" Y/N laughed slightly as the wound fully sealed itself.

"Don't get any ideas about putting yourself in danger again" Wanda said firmly before finally smiling warmly as she looked at Y/N.

Y/N shifted slightly to face Wanda, reaching out to gently cup the other girls cheek. Leaning in Y/N ignored the protest from her still aching body and kissed Wanda deeply.

"I'll just got check on the rest of the team" Tony chuckled excusing himself.

Wanda rested her forehead against Y/N's as she broke away from the kiss. Savouring the moment of being close to her again, finally feeling complete.

"Please don't ever leave me like that" Wanda said softly, knowing her heart couldn't go through this again. "I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too Wanda" Y/N smiled, kissing her again.