Chapter 1.1

Ayanokoji Pov

"Horikita, is there something wrong?"

It looks as if she has snapped back to reality and returned to her usual calm
self.

"Don't mind me, Ayanokoji-san"

"You can call me Ayano if you want"

"I guess I'll do so."

"Horikita, is it fine if I ask you something?"

She nodded her head and looked at me directly for the first time with no malice or anything of the sort.

"Why was everyone looking at me earlier? Were those compliments and nicknames supposed to be directed onto me?"

She then looked at me with cold eyes as if I was someone incompetent and stupid.

"Are you perhaps oblivious of yourself?" Horikita asked

What was she saying? I don't wear facial expressions that much and am certainly a plain and boring girl which wouldn't stand ou-

*Thud*

My train of thoughts were interrupted by the door which was opened by a woman that looked like someone in her late 20's.

"Good morning to you all, I am Chabashira Sae and I was assigned as Class D's homeroom teacher for this year." 'again' she muttered to herself

I heard what she muttered at the end which was quite suspicious. Does she perhaps not like her assignment?

"Ahem, there will be no rearrangements of classes all through out the next years so I hope we get along. The entrance ceremony shall be held in the gym later on, but for now I'll be handing out the list of different special  rules you must abide by in this school"

We were given our handouts one by one which was in a way quite peculiar because I glanced at the papers of my neighbor and the one in front of me and they were all the same.

I was the one that was given the last handout which was probably because of my seat being at the corner most.

When I received the paper, Chabashira-sensei smirked at me. I scanned to see if my paper was the same as others. When I flipped my paper I saw a faint shade of ink that was hardly noticeable but still readable.

I see that they were identical, all the front of the handouts that is.  She most likely deliberately gave me the last piece of paper.

I then read the handwritten message that was almost invisible.

'Loveless monster'

I then felt all my memories rushing onto me. From the day I was born, up until when I broke free from the shackles of 'that place' and ran away to here.

'I guess that's one way to describe me'

I stopped thinking about such idle thoughts and pondered on the rules written on the front page.

All students are required to live in this
campus for 3 years with no contact from the outside world.

Leaving school grounds is also prohibited.

Fortunately, there are many facilities that make up for not being able to leave the school. There are libraries, cafés, rooms and even entertainment facilities such as theater and karaoke.

But, there was one more interesting thing in this school. The existence of the S-system.

"I will now hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities, anything around campus. It's basically a credit card. There's nothing you can't buy in this school, but of course there are some restrictions.