Chapter 2.1

Ayanokoji Pov

I woke up from my slumber at exactly 4:00 am, and did special exercises to maintain my body.

When I finished, I cooked myself breakfast, Eggs Benedict.

Afterwards, I made myself a latté and stared at the sunrise.

"How mesmerizing, If only I could cherish this moment forever"

Sadly, reality is cruel.

I ceased such thoughts from corrupting my mind and headed to the shower.

After I finished showering, I took a long gaze at myself in the mirror.

I wore a towel that covered up my pale skin, it was wrapped around my chest which slightly showed my cleavage.

My hair looked so disheveled yet still so silky, and also had a slight fragrance of mint on it.

My face looked unkempt as ever.

Suddenly I felt anxious, will I be actually able to properly carry out my scheme? I mean my natural self looked a bit below average, well...in my opinion at least.

I then wore my uniform as quick as I could.

A bit later, I shoved myself again to the internet to pass the time, looking for tips on how I could be pleasing to the eyes.

-

It was now time to go to school, I shut off my phone and headed towards the elevator.

When the elevator came to my floor.
I saw a blonde girl that introduced herself yesterday.

"Karuizawa-san right?"

"Ah yes, that's me Ayano-san."

We both rode the elevator in awkward silence.

"Karuizawa-san may I ask a favor of you?" I mustered up all my courage and asked her.

"Sure, Ayano-san if it's nothing too heavy then I'm fine with that."

It seems that she doesn't necessarily give her hand out to people.

"Then will you be willing to accompany me to Keyaki mall later on?"

"Hmm...Sure!

She was hesitant but nonetheless agreed.

We got off the elevator and walked together to our class.

Everyone looked at us...no specifically me.

30 mins ago...

I have summarized all the tips the Internet could possibly give me.

First, I must fix my hair and make it look more 'feminine' like.

Secondly, I must smile. Unfortunately, I can't do so genuinely which led to a conflict.

Should I keep up a persona? Or remain true to my feelings?

I decided to smile only when needed as it was hard to strain my face muscles to do so, also because I don't plan on being fake.

Thirdly, make eye contact with the people surrounding you. This posed quite a challenge, because I barely make direct eye contact with anyone.

Finally, be yourself.

Honestly, it's quite ironic how the final step contradicts the previous ones.

I let out a slight smile.

Hold on, did I just smile?!   

Present...

I tried my best to let out a smile and looked at everyone with my eyes gazing straight at them.