Chapter 4.1

Ayanokoji Pov:

Eeeeeeh? Host?

Well, if this is nothing more than an invitation then I could just refuse.

But looking at Chabashira-sensei's disgusting smirk, then this means that I was specifically selected, and not by random.

Let's pry out some information.

"Sensei, why was I chosen? Is it by complete chance, or was I specifically chosen?"

"Of course, you were hand-picked by the school itself. You fitted the criteria the most, and was even nominated by a large figure."

Hand-picked by the school? That's certainly interesting. But, I wonder, how was I able to garner such attention from the school?

Other than the weird polls that I surprisingly came top at, I can't think of anything else.

Wait...has my cover been blown? Does the school know about what I did to one of my upperclassmen?

Actually, that's impossible. I made sure to properly erase any possible evidence, so them knowing about it is out of the question.

Anyway, I wonder what she meant by nominated?

Large figure? I'm almost positive that if I questioned her now, Chabashira-sensei would most likely answer honestly.

I mean, what's the harm in telling me?

"Sensei, who was the large figure that nominated me?"

"You sure do have a lot of questions, Ayanokoji. But, I'll still tell you, it's not classified in any way after all."

As expected, though she phrased it as if she's doing me a favor, it certainly wouldn't be a harm to tell me who it is.

"It was the student council president, Horikita Manabu."

That's certainly interesting...

I wonder, why would such an important person would nominate a background character like me...?

Wait, if I'm not mistaken, he's a third year. Just like, the one I stole- no claimed points from.

"If I may ask, what is the class he is designated in?"

"You're a very curious girl, aren't you? But...I don't think it's necessary for me to tell you his class."

What a stubborn teacher.

"It's fine if you don't want to, well then I'll be taking my leave."

"Before you do, here's a physical copy of the details for the pageant. And also, the papers for what you will be doing as the host."

"Alright, thank you."

I sat up from the sofa, and casually exited the room.

With my papers in hand, I closed the door with my other hand. As I did so, I saw Chabashira-sensei wear a sly, yet wide grin on her face.

Oh God.

Just...what in the world will I be doing?

I finally made my way out, and silently descended the stairs.

Classes are still ongoing, so I musn't make much noise.

Well, I'm not one of those people that would squeak their shoes for attention.

Anyway, I made it back to the classroom, and opened the door.

I saw Hoshinomiya-sensei teaching in front of the class.