Rays of Hope [Chapter 10]

Instead of me pretending to be somebody I'm not, can't I be useful to somebody by being who I am? What's wrong with me being different? Is being different bad? Why aren't I fragile and cute like other girls? Why was I born with a big appetite and unnatural strength? Is there anyone out there who'll like me for me? Why am I-

Your doubts were interrupted by a shove to the ground and an ear piercing roar. 'O-OH DID I LOSE CONSCIOUSNESS FROM THE ATTACK EARLIER!?' You wondered. "STAND, STAND, STAND! THE NEXT ONE IS COMING!" Tanjiro warned. "I know stupid!" Genya scowled. "We have to protect Kanroji-san and Hirasi-san!! They're our best shots at beating him. They're our rays of hope at the moment!! As long as they survive, we can win for sure!!" Tanjiro yelled. "Let's all win together! None of us are gonna die..." Tanjiro trailed off as all three of them struggled to carry you and Mitsuri.

The demon then launched another attack. 'Did that do it?' He thought.

"THANK YOU EVERYOOOOONE!! I'M SO SORRY FOR MESSING UP EVEN THOUGH I'M A PILLAR!" Mitsuri apologized. "DO FORGIVE ME TOO, I AM ALSO SORRY!!" You agreed.
"I WILL NEVER LET ANY OF MY FRIENDS DIE! THE DEMON HUNTERS ARE MY PRECIOUS HOME! UPPER MOON, WHATEVER YOU, I DON'T CARE!" Mitsuri wailed. "YES! I WILL PROTECT THOSE DEAR TO ME UNTIL THE VERY END! EVEN IF IT COSTS MY LIFE IN ORDER TO TAKE YOU DOWN!" You announced.
'They cut through it all. So cool!!' Tanjiro fawned. Nezuko just looked up with admiration, while Genya deadpanned. "I WON'T LOSE TO EVIL PEOPLE. NOW GET YOUR BUTTS READY! IT'S TIME TO GET SERIOUS!" You said taking a stance.
———
'Oyakata-sama thank you for believing in me and for not judging me about my unusual traits. Dad, mom, thank you for giving birth to me and my siblings safely. And thank you to all the kakushi who took me in. All the people I saved and protected, thanked me with tears in their eyes. So, thank you to all of those who shed tears for me. Obanai even accepted me and he gave me a cherry blossom hair clip. Mitsuri is like my sister and I love her dearly. I always thought it was wrong for me to be stronger than the average male, and not fragile like the average female since I was strong.
I thought that just maybe if I could live a life without people judging me and making mean comments about me, then it was ok for me to leave and be a Demon Slayer like mother and father. I ended up convincing myself I wanted to become a Demon Slayer because of Haru and Kenji. But, in reality I just wanted to get away from all the mean comments eating at my head. I felt like the only reason people in the village really spoke to me was because I could meet their needs. I ran away because I was scared...but it won't happen anymore. Starting now!'
———
"Leave it to us everyone. We will protect everyone." Mitsuri said. Both of you then ran towards the attacks aimed at you. "I'LL TAKE CARE OF THIS ONE! MITSURI GET THE OTHER ONE!" You shouted. "ALRIGHT!" She answered. You then jumped into the air and cut all the wooden attack into pieces. 'I've gotta increase my heart rate! Get my blood circulating! Get faster...get stronger!!' You and Mitsuri thought.
Meanwhile, Genya, Nezuko, and Tanjiro were trying to find a way out. "Tanjiro I shot a bullet at the main guy's body. WHERE IS IT!? DO YOU KNOW?" Genya quizzed. "I DO IT'S HERE!" Tanjiro informed, as he kept running. 'While Kanroji-san and Hirasi-san are dealing with the child demon, we have to cut down the main body as fast as we can!' Tanjiro sweated.
The demon saw Tanjiro and the others trying to escape, so he sent an attack their way but you quickly shredded it into pieces.

'The girl is moving faster than before!! What did she do!? What is she doing!? How did she...' The demon wondered. All the shredded pieces then cleared out, revealing a cherry blossom mark spreading from your jaw to your cheek, with veins protruding on your face. He also didn't fail to notice that Mitsuri had a mark that consisted of two hearts on her neck, with veins evident on her face too.
'A birthmark...!? Was that there before? That... Looks like a demon crest!' The demon dreaded in thought.

He then sent another attack toward the both of you, but both of you moved in sync and decimated it in the blink of an eye. He was astonished on how fast you guys were moving.
'Absolutely detestable!! Thanks to these two girls, I can't finish those other brats off!! This is horrible!! But they won't last forever. their stamina will run out at some point. All humans will at some point!!' The demon concluded. The demon launched another attack into the trio's direction, and you along with Mitsuri followed behind. "GUAAAAAGGGH! DON'T FALL OFF!! COME ON, COME ON!!" Tanjiro screamed. "That... tree thing!! Hurry while the snake-lizard-dragon thing is away from us!! WHILE HIRASI-SAN AND KANROJI-SAN ARE STOPPING IT!!"

'I can't wield my blade like this. So...!! I HAVE NO CHOICE!!' Genya started chomping down on the wood using his fangs. 'I woah he's biting it!? His teeth are tough!' Tanjiro thought shocked. "But your stomach's gonna die, Genya! Will you be okay!?" Tanjiro worried.
———
Shinazugawa Genya can temporarily gain demonic attributes by eating a demon. And if he eats a strong one, he gains regeneration and muscular strength equal to the demon's. Genya has no physical talents and he can't use breaths, so he restored to desperation to reach the Pillars' level. But this isn't something any ordinary person can do. Genya has a special ability. For a short amount of time, he can become a demon using his bite strength and his special digestive organs. It's a unique talent among the Demon Hunters.
———
Once Genya devoured a space big enough for the other side of the wood to fall Tanjiro hopped off. 'It fell now!!'
Just as Tanjiro was about to unleash his attack, branch whips came flying towards him and scratched him in a few places. 'Guagh...The branch whip.....!!' He thought.
Nezuko then used her blood demon art to burn the branch whips.

DANCE OF THE FIRE GOD: FLAME OF WALTZ!!

"GO!" Genya shouted. Just as all l them were about to slice the main body's head off, he was no where to be found. 'He ran again!! Where!? Where!? Close...' Tanjiro's focus was cut off with a squeal. He looked up just to see that the Upper Moon demon was running away.
"GET BACK HERE YOU COWARDLY DEMON GEEZER!! STOP RUNNING AWAY!!! DON'T RUN FROM YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES!" Tanjiro yelled as veins invaded his face. "EVERY SIN YOU'VE COMMITTED, EVERY EVIL DEED, I WILL MAKE YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVERYTHING! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM THIS!"
Genya then picked up a tree. "CUT IT OUT, YOU UGLY BASTARRRRRD!" He yelled as he threw the tree in the demon's direction. Tanjiro looked up at Genya surprised.

(I'm surprised this chapter didn't take a long time to finish because I haven't had any motivation whatsoever)

Cleansing The Impureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें