Intertwining (Chapter 14)

It seemed that the lower ranks had improved more because there were at least 30 trainees at your station. Not only that but Tanjiro Kamado, the person you've been waiting for was in that group of 30. Just like Gyomei, your training took place outside, unlike the other pillars who trained inside their dojo. The purpose of your training was sharpening the sixth sense, because being a demon slayer means nothing if you can't fight in the dark, especially because demons only appear at night.
The way your training works is that all the trainees are scattered amongst the forest and they have to be able to sense you when you're coming, otherwise they'll be on the floor in milliseconds. The forest stretches at least 60-76 yards, so they have to make it out before they get found and knocked out. However, if the victim were to escape without getting knocked out cold then there's still a chance for them to make it to the finish line. The time limit is one hour and thirty minutes.
———
"ACK!"

Yet another lower rank was knocked out cold. Five out of the thirty lower ranks were found in under five minutes, even though there was a 2 minute head start. "Really, Is this all you guys got!?" You shouted out teasingly while running swiftly through the trees. You ran for a couple more seconds before you spotted your next victim.

"Oh hello there!" You said running next to them with a smile. "Back off man Hirasi-san is on my..tail..." The demon slayer's face paled and sweat trickled down it as he looked beside him. "AGH-"

*THACK*

Darkness soon consumed his vision. You caught him before he hit the ground and laid him down softly. 'That's too bad he seemed determined too!' You thought while staring at the boy on the ground before running away. One after another you knocked the young demon slayers. Now you had taken out 27/30 trainees. There was only 10 minutes left for the time limit. You were glad that things were getting done quick but disappointed at the same time because it was far TOO easy.

You felt a presence on the left of you so you sprinted the other side of of the trees. As soon as you were about to confront the person you no longer felt the presence beside you rather...above you? You looked up saw a water breath attack descending towards you.

You quickly brought your sword up into the air, which resulted in both yours and the enemy's sword clashing. It didn't take you long to figure out who the unknown attacker was, it was non other than Kamado Tanjiro. Tanjiro knew he was in big trouble now. He jumped out the air and a few feet back, with a nervous and cautious look consisting of gritted teeth, a firm grip on his sword, and sweat trickling down his face. He knew even thought you both were somewhat good friends, you both had your serious moments and this was one of them.

"Oh Tanjiro-kun! I've been waiting to confront you!" You chirped with a closed eye smile and a finger up. "Oh, is that so?" He said with a nervous laugh. As soon as he blinked you were standing right behind him. "I guess I'll be confronting you again for a few days then." Is what he heard before everything went black.
———
In the end nobody passed.

"I'm kinda disappointed in you guys." You announced with a frown at the 30 slayers kneeling before you. "We're sorry!" They all said with animated tears running down their face. "However, it's all right because we can always try against next time!" You cheered and pumped your fist into the air. A loud sigh interrupted your ceremony. "Y/N don't you think you're being a little soft on them?" The Snake Pillar announced. "I-Iguro-sama!" All the slayers bowed.
"O-Obanai" you turned away covering your cheeks.

"All of you go home immediately." He glared at the trainees. The poor children wasted no time in scrambling with their tailed in between their legs. "Bye Hirasi-san!" Tanjiro bided before taking his leave with a warm smile. "Byeee, Tanjiro-kun!" You replied. "Y/N, are you still up for trying the new restaurant in town?" Obanai offered trying to keep your attention away from Tanjiro. "Yes!!" You gasped with sparkles in your eyes and clasped hands. "Let's go!" You said dragging him by the hand. Tanjiro could've sworn he felt sharp eyes on him but he ignored it.

On the way there you and Obanai chatted, well rather you chatted while he listened and nodded his head from time to time. It didn't matter though because you both enjoyed each other's company. You both had finally arrived, "EEEEEK!" You squealed as you looked up. "Obanai, let's go!" You said intertwining his hand with yours while you still looked at the restaurant in front of you guys.

You couldn't see the blush on his face underneath his bandages but it was definitely there. You looked at him and flashed him a bright smile. Obanai couldn't help but let his lips twitch up a little. You couldn't see the smile but you definitely could tell he was smiling by the way his eyes crinkled up. You both walked into the restaurant with intertwined hands.

Oh how you both wished things could stay like this forever.

(Another short chapter?? Lazy much. I actually started working out and doing other things thank you very much🤨)