The Mark (Chapter 12)

"I couldn't move during the previous battle because I got poisoned." Muichiro explained. "I was using my breaths to try and delay the poison from circulating through my bloodstream. But a boy who tried to save me nearly lost his life, and my old memories came back. Then I got so angry that I completely lost control of my emotions. I think my heart rate went over 200 BPM. And my body became burning hot. I think my temperature went over 39 degrees." Muichiro continued.

Now you were very confused, how is it possible to even stay conscious in that state!? There were a lot of unanswered questions but you could always wait for them to be answered. Not to mention you were sweating like crazy. You glanced over at Mitsuri and saw her sweating a lot too. You diverted your attention to Shinobu when she spoke up, "But can you move in that condition? That would've been life threatening."

"Well, that's why I think it can be used as a screening test. Will you die, or will you not? That's probably the difference between those who have the mark appear, and those who do not." Muichiro claimed. "A heart rate over 200 BPM..and a body temperature around 39 degrees?" Amane muttered.
"Yes. When Kocho-san was treating my wounds, I apparently had a fever. The temperature recorded on the thermometer was about 39 degrees. My guess is that I had the same body temperature when he mark appeared." He concluded.

When he said that it felt as if something had clicked in your head. Your thoughts were interrupted when a raspy voice spoke up.

"Tch. So it's that simple, huh?" Sanemi grumbled. "I envy those simpletons who can say this is simple." Giyuu implied. This response most certainly caught you off guard, so you had to cover your mouth with your hands to prevent a giggle from slipping pass it. Obanai and Sanemi glared in Giyuu's direction. "What?" Sanemi asked. "Nothing." Giyuu said.

"So I guess getting this mark to appear will now be a high priority for the Pillars." Shinobu assumed. "Agreed. Please inform Oyakata-sama that we will do something about it, so he can be at ease." Gyomei requested. "Thank you very much." Amane bowed. "But I do have one thing to say regarding your mark training." She announced. "What would that be?" You and Mitsuri said in sync while tilting your heads in opposite directions.

"Those who have manifested the mark must participate. No matter who it has appeared for, and there will be no exceptions." She informed before leaving. After she left, The estate became silent to the point, you could only hear crows making noises. The atmosphere was very, very awkward. "Ahh, I see...but if we're really doing this, what will happen to me now...Namusan" Gyomei spoke.

"Now that Amane-dono is gone, I'll take my leave." Giyuu voiced as he stood up. "Whoa, Hold it. Don't leave just yet, man. We oughta make our future plans now, am I right?" Sanemi said. "Then you seven can talk about it. It's got nothing to do with me." The Water Pillar replied. "What do you mean, 'Nothing to do with you'? You don't understand your position as a Pillar here." Obanai butted in. Giyuu stood up and walked away anyways.

"Tomioka-san please come back! We just want to discuss the Pillar training task!" You attempted to persuade as you reached for him. "Hold it, man!" Sanemi yelled. "Tomioka-san, just please tell us why. You're leaving out a lot of details." Shinobu uttered. When he got to the shoji door he finally spoke up. "I'm not like you guys."

"Wow, you're making me mad now...you said the same thing before, Tomioka. Are you making fun of all of us?" Sanemi questioned standing with veins protruding his face, and a crazed expression.

"Please do not engage in violence, Shinazugawa-san. Especially when we're in the Master's estate at the very moment, it'd be a shame if we disturbed the Ubuyashiki family, wouldn't it?" You said standing up with furrowed eye brows. Even if you were terrified of the hot tempered pillar, you certainly wouldn't let him disrupt the Master's family.

"A-ah, yes! Y/N-chan is right, we shouldn't get violent!" Mitsuri blurted. He didn't pay any attention to what you were saying. "Hold it, bastard!" Sanemi restated. "Shinazugawa-san not right now! W-wait!" You said trying to grip Sanemi as he lunged at Giyuu. "Kyaah! No no no!" Mitsuri panicked while trying to defend Giyuu. "Shinazugawa, st-!"

*CLAP*

The vibration from the clap was so strong that you fell on Shinobu. "Ouchhh..." you whined, rubbing your head. Hopefully the fall wouldn't leave a bruise on either of you. "Take a seat...let's talk a bit more...I have a proposition." Gyomei boomed, while releasing a a powerful aura. "Y/N-san, I would appreciate it if you get your chest out of my face." Shinobu muffled, who was underneath you. "Sorry, are you ok?" you said getting up and checking her skin for any bruises. You didn't even have to look into a mirror to know your face was red, from the incident earlier. "Yes, I am fine." She smiled. Obanai, who was sitting beside Shinobu glared at her and was thinking of way to torture her.

(Sorry that this chapter is so short! Also, I my publishing time will be farther apart since my parent's wedding is coming up, I have to go on a trip, I have to go to my home town, and my friend's birthday is coming up. So basically I've got a lot on my plate but I'll try to write as much as I can on my free time!)