Kitchen Duty (Barbatos)

Lucifer had called you over to talk to him. You didn't want to, but you went, because you can't go against Lucifer himself.

You knocked on the door.

"Come in."

"You wanted to speak to me?" You said after you had walked into the room.

"Yes." Lucifer answered. "Diavolo is organizing a party. Everyone is getting assigned a task so that it's an easy job to do.
You are also required to help with some chores, you are treated like all the others."

"I know." You said. You just hoped you  wouldn't have to do something with two brothers that couldn't get along. "What do I have to do?"

"You are assigned to help with the cooking. Both Barbatos and Luke will be there, although it might be that Luke will help Simeon with cleaning up. Barbatos will be deciding on if he can leave or not, but that isn't really necessary to your job. You'll be helping Barbatos anyway. You're expected to be in the castle in an hour, so get ready."

You nodded and left. You went to get your stuff and went on your way to the castle. When you arrived you were ten minutes early, but Barbatos was waiting for you like he always did when you went to the castle.

"Good afternoon."

"Hello Barbatos!"

"I assume Lucifer told you about the party?"

You nodded. He smiled in response.

"I'll explain further details in the kitchen, come along now."

He went and you followed him too the kitchen. There Luke was, waiting for you two. When he saw you he got very excited.

"Hey!! We are making cake! Well, if Simeon comes to get me I'll have to help him."

"That's okay Luke." You smiled. "What are we making exactly?"

Barbatos answered: "We have a full three-course meal plus a cake. It is supposed to become a cake with a lot of white and gold details. Since the three courses are going to stand for each of the three worlds, the desert is going to be for the  Celestial Realm. For if you are wondering, the first course is going to be representing Devildom and the main course is representing the Human World, which is why we have a demon, a human and an angel to help with this."

After those words you three decided on what exact meals you were going to make and went to work.

You were decorating the cake together with Luke when Simeon came in.

"Hey Luke, can you come help me for a little bit?"

Luke looked sad for having to leave you alone with the job, but you told him: "It's fine, don't worry. I'll get the last bit of this done."

So Luke went with Simeon. Now it was just you and Barbatos.

You were done decorating the cake and called Barbatos over to where you were working to ask his opinion.

"It looks beautiful, good jo- oh." He looked at you. "You have something on your face." He said as he wiped your cheek softly with his thumb. He held his hand on your face a little longer than needed.
Then he pulled his hand back and turned back to work on the last things for the main course.

"Anything I can do to help?" You ask, trying to sound steady, because his move had caught you of guard.

"Ah yes, could you cut these into small pieces for me please?"

You nodded and went to work. Halfway in you noticed Barbatos looking at you. He walked towards you and said: "There is an easier way to do this, let me show you."

He leaned in close against your back, his hands grabbing yours to guide you. However, you could not concentrate on what he was doing, because his face was so close to yours. You could feel his breath on your jawline as he turned to face you. You were afraid to turn, but he moved a hand under your chin and moved you himself.

"Oh dear, you sure are messy today. There is something on your face again."

Oblivious, you moves your hand to your face to wipe it off, but you were interrupted by Barbatos placing his lips against yours.

Almost immediately you melted into the kiss, like you were under some kind of spell. You didn't know how a demon butler could be this addicting.

You pulled back a bit, you breath mixing with his.

"Th- the food." You stammered.

He smiled, leaning his forehead against yours.
"They can wait. There is a reason why I chose this timeline and that reason is this." He said before kissing you again. He deepened the kiss immediately, leaving you breathless in a matter of seconds.

He tasted like ash and spices and the endlessness of time. He smelled like a dark forrest on a rainy night. His lips were like fire, addicting and spreading dangerously fast.

You pulled back once more.

"W- we should really s- serve the food n-now." You said, stepping away from him. You didn't want to, but you didn't know where this would end if this would keep going, but it wouldn't be good.

He smiled.
"Very well. I'll serve the first course, you finish the last bit of the main course and then come eat."

After you finished that you went to the dining room to eat and found the demon brothers, the angels and the demon prince. Barbatos stood in a corner and as you came in, he looked at you.
You blushed at the thought of your little secret and tried to hide from his gaze.

Right then your eyes met. He winked.

~AN~

I'm sorry for the late update. I broke up yesterday so I was kind of too busy to write. I'm glad I got this done, but it's not the best. I hope you guys still enjoy tho.

Three more characters to go before the unholy starts~

Be prepared, my little demons.

~Boo~